Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF Online offer with different terms? Update: Approved

tag
mumbogray
New Contributor

WF Online offer with different terms? Update: Approved

Hey guys,

I have been eying the WF Propel for over a year now. I applied twice in the last year and was denied.. Last time (March), they said wait 6+ months and reapply.

I do have a WF checking and periodically check online to see if there are any offers. I get lots of invitations to apply, usually with a range of APR. More recently I am getting them for the Propel, and I got my EX up to the 760's (They pulled EX both times). AZEO will be reported in December, when I was planning to reapply strongly for the last time, hoping for a good APR and limit. I want it as my DD.

Upon signing into my WF account and checking the invitations to apply, the the WF Propel page has some new language.

It is now states in a box on the lage "You can choose to stop receiving "prescreened" offers of credit from this and other companies by calling toll-free 1-888-567-8688. See PRESCREEN & OPT-OUT NOTICE at the end of the advertisement below for more information about prescreened offers."

It is also offering me a set APR "0.00% introductory APR for 12 months. After that, your APR will be 21.99%. This APR will vary with the market based on the U.S. Prime Rate." Previously it definitely showed an APR range.

Lastly and most interesting, they gave my a different offer than the nationwide promo?? The spend is probably easier for me to hit.

•Earn up to 30,000 bonus points when you spend $6,000 in purchases in the first year. You’ll earn 20,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 in purchases in the first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus points when you spend $6,000 in your first year— that’s a total of $300 cash redemption value

Is this as good as a preapproval? I was hoping to have a lower APR with the card, but I do not carry a balance anyways. Maybe I should still wait until December when my AZEO reports to maximize what I can get? I would hate to lose out though.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WF Online preapproval/offer with different terms?

That actually looks like a pre-approval vs simply an invitation aka marketing, (but I still want to point out, pre-approvals are also not guaranteed).
Good luck! Lets us know if you bite. 

Message 2 of 9
mumbogray
New Contributor

Thanks for instilling some confidence!

Took the bite, instant approved at $7k Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Where exactly is the link on your WF accounts page for the Invitations to Apply?  I cant find it

BTW  Grats on your approval

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 5 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@mumbogray wrote:

Thanks for instilling some confidence!

Took the bite, instant approved at $7k Smiley Happy

Congrats on yur approval!!!

Message 6 of 9
mumbogray
New Contributor

Thanks everyone!! Smiley Very Happy

@Meanmchine wrote:

Where exactly is the link on your WF accounts page for the Invitations to Apply?  I cant find it

The link was via the small offers box to the right of my accounts on the WF home page.  Offers for the propel only recently started appearing as I have been gardening just about 1 year. This was the first time I clicked it and a set apr and different terms were offered.

Message 7 of 9
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@mumbogray wrote:

Thanks everyone!! Smiley Very Happy

@Meanmchine wrote:

The link was via the small offers box to the right of my accounts on the WF home page.  Offers for the propel only recently started appearing as I have been gardening just about 1 year. This was the first time I clicked it and a set apr and different terms were offered.

OIC.  Only thing ever there for me were ITAs.  I was hoping I was missing a clicky tab somehere

Thx and congrats again

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 9
PRose123
New Contributor

I want the Propel so much. Unfortunately, I should be in the garden for about 12+ YEARS!! Congrats on your approval!

World's Worst Gardener
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.