Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Approved..Literally couldn't be happier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Approved..Literally couldn't be happier

I have been trying since.....oh...let's say 2008 to get a Walmart Credit card. I learned from that very first time being turned down standing in line that I had some work to do with my credit. Following that, unpaid medical bills and other debts dragged my score down. After being sued by Citibank for an unpaid cc I went wild with during my college days, I filed for chpt 7 in 2013. Leaving a bad breakup left me a single parent and I misused credit again and had a couple charge offs. Terrible I know. But around 2015 I finally started really working on my credit. I believe the lowest FICO score I'd seen of mine was 520 or 530. After obtaining a Discover Secured with a 563 score and a Capital One secured with 585 in December, things finally started looking up. Since this is an approval post, I'll spare all the extra details but my Fico scores ,after all of that ,are now 608 EQ, 622 TU and 642 EX! I believe my last collection what is holding down my EQ score. My other reports are collection free! I decided what the heck and tried for a Walmart card today. When I got to the last screen that mentioned the card was issued by Synchrony bank, I knew for SURE I was screwed. 5 seconds later, I was APPROVED! CL is $400 but it's a start. Walmart was one of my unicorns I finally captured!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Walmart Approved..Literally couldn't be happier

Congratulations on your rebuilding and your Walmart card approval!

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

WalMart was my fourth CC and the first that I applied for without any pre-approvals or mailings. I consider the day I was approved the day I was back!

Message 3 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats, i got rejected like yeterdays garbage on my first try with Wally but once in itll grow like that garbage caught fireSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

For you and maybe others it grows. Some of us get little love from WM. I received my first CLI at three months from $800 to $5K (Yes, that was good) and then nothing for two and a half years. Finally, $1K CLI. I have used it a couple of times for semi-major purchases; treadmill for self and a large TV for GF. I use it once a month or so for groceries. Always PIF.

Message 5 of 9
ls2016
Frequent Contributor

Your patience finally paid off! Well done!
Current FICO 8s: Ex 768, Tu 741, Eq 741
Current FICO 9s: Ex 775, Tu ?? Eq 781
Total TLs: $120,000
8 (30-60 day) mortgage lates and 2 (30 day) auto lates remain from Jan., Feb. 2016
Current Mortgage Ex. Fico 2 787
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was rejected by Walmart twice before finally being approved for $200, went to $3500 at 6 months.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats

w/m 1200---3200 last mth. i just wanted to see if i would get the increase. it's been at 1200 for a couple of yrs

w/m 3200--4000 today..didn't think it would happen but yeahSmiley Happy HeartSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
jl4
Established Contributor

That's great news! 

When I opened my Walmart card a couple years ago, I had less than fair credit and was approved for $500. After building my credit up some more and keeping my utilization low, a requested CLI bumped me to to a total of $4000. 

Keep the ducks well-aligned and I'm sure something great will come your way, again, soon!

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.