Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart MC approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart MC approved

Congrats! If you do not mind me asking, what are your scores? Synchrony usually pulls TransUnion, and Citi pulls Experian in most cases. Just curious, because a family member is rebuilding too.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied for Citi earlier, the score they showed me was from Experian and it was 766. They did not show my score on the approval for WalMart from Synchrony but they pulled TransUnion and my score for that right now is 747 (which I received from this site on 8/11.)
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
That makes sense, I have my VS through Synchrony. And I will be cutting myself off with this because I don't want to have to worry about what they are doing to some accounts.

And thanks to all for the congrats! It feels good to finally be building and getting approvals instead of outright denials.

VS is through Comenity, not Synchrony.  

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I didn't even realize that! My mistake
Message 14 of 20
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
TAKE THAT BEST BUY!

Originally wanted to purchase an iPad mini for myself, so I was going to purchase through Best Buy with their credit card. Applied, got a message saying they needed to review the application further and they would mail a letter in 2 weeks.

Went online to Walmart to see if they had any good deals on the iPad mini's and I found a refurbished one for a really good price.

. Long story short, I applied for their credit card hoping for the store credit card and actually was approved for their regular rewards MasterCard. $1,200 limit. Thanks Synchrony Bank!

Congrats. Very Nice.  I was approved for half your starting limit on the MC 2 years ago, and have recieved a CLI every 4 months since. Now in the five figures. It will grow like a weed.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
TAKE THAT BEST BUY!

Originally wanted to purchase an iPad mini for myself, so I was going to purchase through Best Buy with their credit card. Applied, got a message saying they needed to review the application further and they would mail a letter in 2 weeks.

Went online to Walmart to see if they had any good deals on the iPad mini's and I found a refurbished one for a really good price.

. Long story short, I applied for their credit card hoping for the store credit card and actually was approved for their regular rewards MasterCard. $1,200 limit. Thanks Synchrony Bank!

That's nice that you got approved for the MC version instead of a regular store card. Synchrony is fasten their seat belts tight, I would wait at least 4 months to request a CLI on this card, congrats !!

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
TAKE THAT BEST BUY!

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

To go back to my first page post, eBtes thru walmart is not 3% off, occasionally they ramp up past 1%. dont let their new discount emails slip into your spam email! The Walmart credit card when you buy stuff online on their site, that is the 3% I was referring to. Buy online, pickup in-store extra money back. EBates' redemptions are every 3 months or so so a buck here and there does add up.
Message 18 of 20
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

With a 753 TU Fico 8.. you betcha mastercard! Congrats

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 19 of 20
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you  !!!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.