Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why a 2nd hard pull?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why a 2nd hard pull?!

I applied and was approved for 4000 for the home depot card last night. They did a hard pull on equifax. I just received a notification that they did ANOTHER hard pull on my equifax today. Does anyone know why they would do that?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Why a 2nd hard pull?!

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied and was approved for 4000 for the home depot card last night. They did a hard pull on equifax. I just received a notification that they did ANOTHER hard pull on my equifax today. Does anyone know why they would do that?

@Anonymous  Probably a mistake, I would call them and ask to have it resolved.

Ask for a supervisor ... if you get nowhere with a front line Rep.

Even a re-code to a SP.

Message 2 of 8
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Some issuers do a double hardpull but on different bureaus, Cap1 is known to do a triple pull across the bureaus but a creditor doing a double pull back to back on the same bureau I have not heard of before.

It definitely looks like a error/glitch on their part which you should definitely follow up on to get resolved.

Let us know how it goes.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, that makes sense. The notification was from credit karma and it showed Equifax as being pulled twice. I will investigate further but I'm actually thinking it was a glitch/double notification from credit karma and not actually the credit card company.

Message 4 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Well Im going to congratulate you on getting the card as others have pretty much answered your question.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 6 of 8
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous     Yes Congrats and Welcome Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.