Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wreck It AJC BROKE the Disco Internet

tag
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: Wreck It AJC BROKE the Disco Internet

@HighAchiever wrote:

It's not in @M_Smart007 posted image, but @Saeren is correct with the comment... I tried for a CLI on 08/16, but had not used the card the previous month of July and received this... hopefully I will be able to get something later this month when I try. My TU FICO 8 score on the back at the time was 770. 🤷🏻‍♂️

CE4F3740-68B9-4675-8F5C-D1E185DE30DA.jpeg

Low usage of existing line of credit got me every single time....whatever my starting limit is, will be what it is 2 years later. The low usage denial letters finally led to me not even bothering to try for CLI's. Fortunately, my starting limits are usually over 10k, so I can live with that. I do not know why they think that the existing 10k limits are enough just because the highest balance ever is 500 bucks. It is kind of rude, if you ask me. They never even put the so-called Luv button on my page, usually just a hate you a little less button is the best I can hope for.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 151 of 157
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

😂 😂 😂
“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Inquiries: Experian - 4 | Equifax - 3 | TransUnion - 3

Message 152 of 157
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Just keep in mind that Disco is now starting to send denial letters for lack of utilization. 

I don't see anything in your specific/attached denial letter that suggests that.

@Anonymous, I highlighted Saeren's comment in RED ..

All I Added was a picture of Letter [ NO WORDS ] sorry for the confusion.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Wreck-It-AJC-BROKE-the-Disco-Internet/m-p/5707778#M618930

Edited: to add link to Saeren's comment.

Message 153 of 157
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha.  I've only seen one denial letter personally that suggested anything [lack] utilization-related.  That was probably 6-7 denial letters ago, and it's all been "insufficient experience" letters before and since.  I'm probably at a 65:1 ratio on insufficient experience to utilization. 

I'm curious to hear from anyone else that has seen a Discover CLI denied for not using the card enough?

Message 154 of 157
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

Well, I am rolling the dice with Ms Disco... 🎲 I tried again for a CLI, even though my statement hasn't cut yet and it's only been three weeks since the denial for lack of usage... I was offered a $500 CLI 😳, but I turned it down for now. Oh well, I guess we'll see what happens... 🤞🏻
“Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough not to quit.”

Message 155 of 157
joltdude
Senior Contributor

One thing I'v suggested and done myself... is if trying again on CLIs, wait for them to do the monthly pull for your updated fico score (the one on the statement) But as always YMMV...

-J

Message 156 of 157
HighAchiever
Established Contributor

True... I was trying to do that, but kept seeing all the $5k approvals and well, you know the rest. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I think its best for me to stay out of the approvals section... 😂

Message 157 of 157
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.