Did you mean: 

amex clear approved

tag
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Re: amex clear approved

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Me too,Scott! 19/200 cards have no AF!!
I assume the Clear looks similar to the BCE.
I wanted the Clear! If Id have known they were canceling it, I would have app'ed!! Grr!!!

i would be in your shoes too, but i did get lucky due to the circumstances. also the card does look similar, but yet has its own unique design that is a compliment rather than a redundancy to my existing amex collection. it is nice to know i am not by myself on this one.

however, i would have apped for this card sooner if i had been then where i am now. i was waiting to make sure i could ace the app.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 31 of 37
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@zeusta20 wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

Yup, the Clear has apparently gone the way of the Unicorn.

I just logged in to my account and checked all cards, and the Clear is no longer available.  It's also not available to add additional users.  It was there 2 days ago when I logged in.  That's a bit of a surprise. 

I have a question for you thom02099...

Do you like having the paladium card? Is it worth the hefty AF?

I don't have a Palladium card -- I wish!  I have a JP Morgan Select card. 

I'm searching for it but I can't find it...Is it a card they still offer or no?

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 32 of 37
HiLine
Blogger

Message 33 of 37
ceemee2203
Regular Contributor

Confirmed. I guess.

Current Cards: AMEX Everyday ($15k), AMEX BCE ($20k), Amex Platinum, Arrival ($11.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k), Double Cash ($6.5k)

2/16 - 864 Fico EQ (CITI); 818 Fico Ex (AMEX)
Message 34 of 37
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i now have the card in my hands. credit limit is 5000, cash advance limit is 1000... wish it was higher. same start out as my hhonors. i got the mid grade purchase apr selection. 17.24 / 20.24 / 22.24. was hoping to hit the 17.24 but that is really irrelavant anyway. i should be able to lower it significantly after the promo ends.

about the card. it is pretty, but the dots turn out to be triangles, so it is not as appealing as i thought it would be, but i am happy to have it finally.

and about those that already have the card that think they cannot add an AU, that is simply false. i had the option to add pop up without any problems.

now i have 18 cards and my grand total limit accross all of my credit is now 102.4 K

Message 35 of 37
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

about the card. it is pretty, but the dots turn out to be triangles, so it is not as appealing as i thought it would be, but i am happy to have it finally.

Did your card have the "expresspay" RFID chip in it? One time they sent me a replacement without the chip and it was not as attractive. I called to request the chip and got it the next day.

Message 36 of 37
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@asteroidblues86 wrote:
Did your card have the "expresspay" RFID chip in it? One time they sent me a replacement without the chip and it was not as attractive. I called to request the chip and got it the next day.

well, yes actually. i did receive the expresspay version. it does seem to add to the appeal.

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.