Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bloomingdale approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

bloomingdale approval

I was approved for bloomingdale american express last year.  And yesterday, I was approved for credit limit increase.

I called customer service to request this, and they asked me for my consent if I agree to a soft inquiry with possible hard inquiry, and I said yes to both.  I asked for a super high number, 30,000 becuase I want to know if they can access my reports or not.  I have existing relationship with bloomingdale, and all of my reports are frozen.  I did this on purpose.  I gave them authorization for both soft pull and hard pull, and they come back to me told me they can not access my credit report to process my request.        

Then, later, I called again and request again, with a reasonable increase of 5,000, all reports still frozen, I gave them consent to both hard pull and soft pull, and was instantly approved.  Not only a soft pull, but it is a soft pull with all reports frozen.  For anyone who wants to request bloomingdale increase, maybe you can get approved with all reports frozen if you want to minimize the risks of a hard pull.  It works for me, maybe it will work for others as well. 

Just want to share with everyone about my story.  I will continue to try with other cards to see if I can get increase with frozen reports.  If I fail or succeed, I will for sure share with everyone about my experience.  It is very interesting to try it out.   

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Re: bloomingdale approval

Congrats on your CLI.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 2 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your CLI!
Message 3 of 11
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

👍  Congratulations on the increase!

Message 4 of 11
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

21785i28A83A703392EAB8.gif

Message 5 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 11
rostrow416
Established Contributor

Congrats on your CLI.

They may have had you pre-approved for a certain amount already.  But when you requested a higher amount, it may have required a second look which is why you were declined for the first request.

AMEX Gold | Purdue FCU $20,000 | FNBO Evergreen $15,000 | TFCU Plat Visa $15,000 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 | PenFed Pathfinder $15,000 | Citizen's Bank Cash Back+ $15,000 | Synchrony Premier MC $10,000 | SG Visa $10,000 | NFCU MoreRewards $7,000 | NFCU cashRewards $17,000 | Discover IT $6,000 | Capital One BuyPower $950 | AMEX BCP $5,000 | AMEX Amazon Prime Business $3,000

B&H Payboo Card $15,000 | Amazon Prime Card $10,000 | PC Richard Card $15,000 | Target RedCard $2,000 | Walmart Store Card $1,400 | Shell Gas Card $1,200 | Overstock Store Card $7,000 | Kohl's Store Card $3,000

Spring Cleaning:
C̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶c̶k̶S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ | C̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶O̶n̶e̶ ̶V̶i̶s̶a̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶2̶0̶0̶ | M̶e̶r̶r̶i̶c̶k̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶k̶ ̶$̶2̶,̶7̶0̶0̶ | M̶a̶r̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶̶2̶0̶0̶ | C̶o̶m̶e̶n̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶M̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶C̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶$̶1̶,̶1̶8̶0̶
Message 7 of 11
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@rostrow416 wrote:

Congrats on your CLI.

They may have had you pre-approved for a certain amount already.  But when you requested a higher amount, it may have required a second look which is why you were declined for the first request.

There is usually a roadblock at $25K ...

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rostrow416 

I intentionally try to get denied the first time that is why I put a super unreasonable number because I want to know if they can hard pull my credit or not.  There is a rumor in the community that some people posted in my older posts that existing relationship lender can hard pull you even your credit is frozen.  I request a super high limit because I know that will make them hard pull me, then I give them my consent to hard pull me while my credit is frozen.  I did this just try to test out if this rumor is correct or not.  I am not sure if I explained good enough or not.

Message 9 of 11
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!! Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.