No credit card required
Browse credit cards from a variety of issuers to see if there's a better card for you.
@revvystoke wrote:
Creditaddict wrote$1300 on $12k? seriously? I can't imagine any bank considering that high util but especially if it's with the bank you are requesting the CLI, they can see if you have had the balance for long long time like you are struggeling to pay or something... but I wouldn't worry about it if you had a $6k balance!
I checked back a few months statements, average spend was around 7k a month on it for the past year or so. They denied me a cli in November, citing high balances. I was on average carrying 2-3k each statement. There words not mine, it was a soft pull and that util reason was told to me by the analyst. It wasn't carry over balances, it was always from new charges. It was a sp so I never took it further. The analyst told me to wait until I had a 0 balance for them to look at it.
Since they gave me a cli already, should I ask to combine and close the smaller card. Not sure if its similar to poking a sleeping bear.
you PIF each statement and they told you to high of Util? or you charged $7k but carried about $2+k on card over months? like $5k payments out of $7k sort of thing?
If you PIF, where do they hire these people... I will refrain from the rest of my thoughts, they need to come to myFico to get trained on how to review an account and read a credit report!
@revvystoke wrote:
Creditaddict wrote$1300 on $12k? seriously? I can't imagine any bank considering that high util but especially if it's with the bank you are requesting the CLI, they can see if you have had the balance for long long time like you are struggeling to pay or something... but I wouldn't worry about it if you had a $6k balance!
I checked back a few months statements, average spend was around 7k a month on it for the past year or so. They denied me a cli in November, citing high balances. I was on average carrying 2-3k each statement. There words not mine, it was a soft pull and that util reason was told to me by the analyst. It wasn't carry over balances, it was always from new charges. It was a sp so I never took it further. The analyst told me to wait until I had a 0 balance for them to look at it.
Since they gave me a cli already, should I ask to combine and close the smaller card. Not sure if its similar to poking a sleeping bear.
I was wondering if you already had a banking relationship with them. Moving your assets over may help your case.
They approved it for $15k using the same report they pulled on the 12th. They wanted to limit their total exposure though and wanted to close my other account opened 3/13. Fine with me, my Chase account still does not show up on my TU and I am sure if they saw they were not the only lender with higher cl's they wouldn't have as much hesitation.
Congrats!!
@revvystoke wrote:They approved it for $15k using the same report they pulled on the 12th. They wanted to limit their total exposure though and wanted to close my other account opened 3/13. Fine with me, my Chase account still does not show up on my TU and I am sure if they saw they were not the only lender with higher cl's they wouldn't have as much hesitation.
Congrats.
My initial CLI was denied online but backdoored BoA and they were willing to reapp my request with the same HP CR. I still didnt get the amount I wanted but managed to increase my CL to 12K on my BoA CR. not bad. I'll wait 12 months and attempt to CLI to 20K
@Petraeus wrote:
Congrats.
My initial CLI was denied online but backdoored BoA and they were willing to reapp my request with the same HP CR. I still didnt get the amount I wanted but managed to increase my CL to 12K on my BoA CR. not bad. I'll wait 12 months and attempt to CLI to 20K
The analyst I spoke to stated they use the same HP for any inquiries within 30 days of the pull. They won't pull again unless the customer specifically requests it is what I was told. Pulled my TU and no additional pulls, soft or hard show from them.
@revvystoke wrote:
@Petraeus wrote:Congrats.
My initial CLI was denied online but backdoored BoA and they were willing to reapp my request with the same HP CR. I still didnt get the amount I wanted but managed to increase my CL to 12K on my BoA CR. not bad. I'll wait 12 months and attempt to CLI to 20K
The analyst I spoke to stated they use the same HP for any inquiries within 30 days of the pull. They won't pull again unless the customer specifically requests it is what I was told. Pulled my TU and no additional pulls, soft or hard show from them.
+1 I think this is accurate because I submitted a CLI request yesterday and received it within two hours...I then took the plunge and apply for a BankAmericard Reward's Visa last night, it was approved and today there is only one HP on my credit report for BOA.
So my CLI button finally appeared on my BoA card online... Does anyone know what that typically means? Am I prequalified for an increase of some sort? it wasn't there yesterday..
I would like to know as well, as I am getting close to ask for a CLI.
My last CLI on this account was on 12/28/2012.....
Almost 6 months...
![]()
I was approved for the Visa for 4K called after a week and got it to 12K after 2 months I asked for CLI 20k gave me 14K 2 days ago i was going for the homerun but struck out
25K HP on TU no go its ok im on the B wagon with TU. so in less that 5 months i went from 4k to 14 k ill wait till i hit the 6 months and swing for the fence again