Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 off to a good start!!!

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: 2014 off to a good start!!!

@dodgerslv,

Thank you.  Seeing your stats and cards gives me the resolve to continue on.  Good luck to you in your quest.  Thanks for sharing!

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 11 of 14
credithappy
Regular Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@I've gotten off to a good start in 2014.  1. Approved for a 2nd USAA unsecured credit card @$7,000.  2. Approved for a credit line increase on Discover card from $6,500 to $10,000.  3. Approved for a credit line increase on Chase Slate from $2,500 to $5,000.  Initially declined on the Chase Slate CLI.  Decided to call the backdoor number since I already took the HP.  Representative had me on hold for about 5 minutes (seemed like eternity).  Representative came back and asked the standard questions which I answered fully and then another brief hold.  Representative came back and said I was approved.  CLI available immediately.  I'll have to wait to refresh my reports to see what CRA's they pulled.  I'm sure initially the pull was Equifax, but on recon Chase probably pulled one or both of the two.  Interesting enough, I have 3 baddies on Experian (2 HSBC and 1 Merrick) and only Merrick on Equifax and Transunion.  The two HSBC on Experian show zero balance and chargeoff (paid through a collection agency which is not on report).  All 3 reports show Merrick as a settled chargeoff from 2008 which was settled October 2012.  Chase representative came back to me with I see that you paid a chargeoff to Merrick Bank in October 2013, tell me about that.  I informed representative that it was charged off in 2008 due to a bitter divorce/job change and subsequently paid in October 2012.  The representative never asked about the 2 HSBC accounts, but the amount of hold time makes me think that they probably pulled Experian too.  I had a Chase Freedom in March 2013 and they pulled both Equifax and Experian for that.  However, I'll see tomorrow once I'm able to refresh all my reports.  Smiley Very Happy

Congrats on the CLI.

Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 12 of 14
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Good job, congrats to your continued success Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 14
12njoy
Super Contributor

@gdale6,

Thank you.  A $13,000 weekend haul.  Not bad at all.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.