Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd AMEX CLI Denial- Help!

tag
montoya83
Established Member

2nd AMEX CLI Denial- Help!

So this is the 2nd time I have requested a CLI the first one I did was on my 61st day and got the 7-10 day message. I then tried 90 days later as the rep told me to and got the same message. When I called customer support they stated I was denied for "Credit Reduction" what the heck does that mean? My score has been the same as when I applied for my Hilton AMEX and I always pay off my card in full for the most part. I only have a 1k limit and when i asked for the CLI I had a $150 balance... Not sure what else I can do any suggestions? My credit score is a 662 all my negative items on my report have been paid off as of last year but are still showing on my report but wont fall off anytime soon since most stick around for 7 years..

Chase SWAirlines 5k | AMEX Hilton Honors 2k | Capital Quick Silver 2k | Capital One 1.5k | Citi Hilton Reserve 7k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Stralem
Established Contributor

Re: 2nd AMEX CLI Denial- Help!

Paid or unpaid, collections and charge offs are going to hurt you a lot.

And I'm not sure, but that "credit reduction" sounds like you may be on the docket for a limit decrease or some other form of adverse action.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 2 of 3
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: 2nd AMEX CLI Denial- Help!

They are limiting their credit exposure because of the baddies on your credit report. Time is the only thing that will help. The older your baddies get the less they will affect your credit file. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.