Did you mean: 

$75 Hyatt Visa forcibly PCing to $95 card

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: $75 Hyatt Visa forcibly PCing to $95 card

@wasCB14 wrote:

@staticvoidmain wrote:

$20 increase to $95 sounds reasonable for a card with an included annual free night. Amex had the same thing with SPG ($95) (which is now exclusive to Chase's Boundless Visa), and their $95 Hilton did not even have a free night (which is why I canceled it). Seems like they are enforcing streamlining/simplifying their portfolio by removing legacy products.

As I said, I doubt I will cancel. I have a lot of Hyatt points and I don't want to risk letting them expire if I were to close the card and forget to buy points occasionally. And eventually I will travel again and use the card.

I know $20 isn't much...and I know they are simplifying...I'm more grumpy over the principle of a forced AF hike on a travel card when we're in the middle of a pandemic without any recompense to customers. There were incentives in the past to upgrade but I ignored those offers as I thought I could keep my card for at least a few more years. Between Continental cards, TravelPlus, and legacy Marriott products Chase seemed to keep legacy products active for many years.

I have the $95 "old SPG" Bonvoy Amex. I actually got to keep the 50k night by downgrading from Brilliant right after the AF hit. Otherwise it's a 35k night.

I know what you mean @wasCB14.  It can definitely seem like an annoyance, as in one should be able to stay with such product (based on choice or tenure) versus having to be boxed or migrated into something may not align with such uniform product family.  I get it and thankfully the AF hike isn't as significant for you to keep the card.

An example would be for a variety of us that were grandfathered with the Ritz CC (some folks can still upgrade their Bonvoy CCs if eligible).  Yet, many of us were not so fortunate to keep the JPMorgan Select card and it converted to CSP.  There were others who also lost out on the Fairmont card (when discontinued) who eventually found themselves converted to CSP as well 🤷‍♂️

Luckily, I was able to obtain all the upgrade [SUB] promotions when Marriott, IHG and Hyatt had those offers a while back.

Message 11 of 14
NRB525
Super Contributor

I already PC'd my Hyatt to the new WoH card. Consolidation for current card holders seems reasonable.

I just got a letter that the $15,000 spend for an additional Free Night is changing. Starting in calendar 2022, the $15,000 spend will be on a calendar year basis. Leading in to that, the cardholders will still spend based on Cardmember year, except that wrapping up 2021 will end that cycle on Dec 31, 2021. On January 1 2022, all the cardholders start with a Calendar year spend cycle to meet the $15,000 / additional night.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 12 of 14
Roger1071549
New Contributor

Restarting a (somewhat) old thread but I just hit my first AF after being forced into the world of hyatt card. They charged the old ($75) AF. I expected it to go to the higer fee but will take the $20 "discount". 

Message 13 of 14
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Kinda scared for my my IHG card after hearing this.  I'll be pretty miffed if they take away my $49 annual free night.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.