Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA QUESTION

tag
pip3man
Valued Contributor

AAoA QUESTION

I know most lenders usually disregard AU accounts under manual review but my question is this - suppose I get added to an account that's like say 15yrs old with positive history and I was to get an instant approval online, does the system acknowledge the high AAOA I gained from piggybacking on the established AU account or does it disregard everything associated with the AU account and just look at my individual AAoA??? What's really hurting my scores at this time is mainly a low AAoA 7months [oldest open account 3yrs, oldest closed account 4yrs] and several new accounts

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: AAoA QUESTION

@pip3man wrote:

I know most lenders usually disregard AU accounts under manual review but my question is this - suppose I get added to an account that's like say 15yrs old with positive history and I was to get an instant approval online, does the system acknowledge the high AAOA I gained from piggybacking on the established AU account or does it disregard everything associated with the AU account and just look at my individual AAoA??? What's really hurting my scores at this time is mainly a low AAoA 7months [oldest open account 3yrs, oldest closed account 4yrs] and several new accounts

If a lender disregards the AU TL, it goes to reason their system will disregard all aspects of the account including the AAOA benefit

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the AAoA formula. Is that count only revolving accounts? Does it always have to be Open Account. Is it included if revolving account is closed.?

Is student loans part of the formula. Do chargeoff with Balance count in the AAoA.?

My report says been our our files since 2007. Does that mean anything?

Message 3 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the AAoA formula. Is that count only revolving accounts? Does it always have to be Open Account. Is it included if revolving account is closed.?

Is student loans part of the formula. Do chargeoff with Balance count in the AAoA.?

My report says been our our files since 2007. Does that mean anything?

All OC accounts are included in AAoA, CAs & PRs are excluded. In file since 07 means thats the year your file was created.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

My husband has  a Exxon chargeoff account opened January 1990. Its an OC line. does that mean even though chargedoff it accounts for until it drops.

I thought only good revolving accounts meant anything. What you are saying is a 1988 student loan account also matters even if its a installment loan.

So exactly how do you interpret AAoA.

Oldest + Newest/# of Accounts

1988 + 2014

Message 5 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

hi

My husband has  a Exxon chargeoff account opened January 1990. Its an OC line. does that mean even though chargedoff it accounts for until it drops.

I thought only good revolving accounts meant anything. What you are saying is a 1988 student loan account also matters even if its a installment loan.

So exactly how do you interpret AAoA.

Oldest + Newest/# of Accounts

1988 + 2014

For more info

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Types-of-accounts-used-to-calculate-AAoA/td-p/2597877

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/AAoA-Calculation/td-p/501000

http://seemly.com/aaoa-calculator/

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.