cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABOC Platinum Rewards Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amalgamated Bank of Chicago, anyone have data points or experience here?

It’s uncommon but not unheard of for lenders to use mortgage scores for CCs

DCU uses EQ5 for all lending decisions for example. 

Message 11 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

They were my second US credit card, back in 1986 or so!  I got a gold(!!!! very unusual and impressive) card that give a then amazing  1% on every purchase.   I eventually stopped using it as other cards became more competetive (Cap One offering 1.5%).   Eventually they told me that weren't sending me a renewal card but left the account open and sometimes sent me balance transfer checks.   Around 2012, it was marked as closed on the last bureau, which was at least ten years after the last use.

So, not particularly useful info for OP, but brings back memories for me!

Message 12 of 17
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I have heard ABOC, but never looked into their cards. The 5x on this card is interesting, especially the automotive. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 13 of 17
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Amalgamated Bank of Chicago (AMOC)

I live in Georgia, AMOC pulled EX Fico2 on me. Just an FYI.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 14 of 17
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: Amalgamated Bank of Chicago (AMOC)

@mikesonthemend wrote:

I live in Georgia, AMOC pulled EX Fico2 on me. Just an FYI.

I just got through asking about this bank a week or so ago. This peculiarity came up LOL... Did you get an approval or have any further data points? I'm still a little on the curious side about one of their cards.

Message 15 of 17
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

ABOC app

Lending Tree baited my for an offer from Amalgamated Bank of Chicago. 0% yada, yada, yada.

Decline letter, EX675 Fico2, 1 baddie (medical).

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 16 of 17
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

Re: ABOC Platinum Rewards Credit Card

Points actually redeem at 3.75%.  So although it's not a true 5% card, as I've mentioned before, 3.75% is still better than most 3% cards and the revolving categories play nice with Discover and Chase Freedom. The automotive category sets this card apart, as not many other cards offer this. And they are not GEO-restricted.

It's certainly on my hit list once I'm out of the garden. They strictly pull EX FICO2 from my understanding.

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.