cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALL CHASE STRATEGY Questions - My 'plan B' [need advice on application timing, odds, etc.]

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: ALL CHASE STRATEGY Questions - My 'plan B' [need advice on application timing, odds, etc.]

Op already shared his/ her credit card limit.

OP ,excellent score, noce job at bring 0/24. Good luck n getting the Chase cards you wantSmiley Happy
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ALL CHASE STRATEGY Questions - My 'plan B' [need advice on application timing, odds, etc.]

Can I ask why you suggest the INK first? I’m actually traveling pretty soon so the travel benefits of the Sapphire Reserve would be really important right away. Then I was honking of hitting the spend for the bonus... THEN trying to get the INK and hitting the spend for that bonus. Thoughts?
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

The main reason I suggested the ink first is that, supposedly, as a business card, it doesn't count against your 5/24 status, although it is affected by it. So if you're 0/24 then get the ink, you're still technically 0/24...but when I called to ask the rep about it before applying for my sapphire (I was either at 3/24 or 4/24 at the time depending on how my Ink was considered, and I was deciding whether to apply for the sapphire next or another card), ultimately I was told that the ink would count against my 5/24. Not sure if it's cuz it is a Chase card so even though it's not on your personal credit report (being a business card), they still know about it, or what, but they told me it would count.

But either way, being at 0/24, it doesn't really matter. Go ahead and get the sapphire first if you have a more pertinent use for it.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll want to apply for the Ink first. Chase has a 0/30day rule for business cards. Meaning you will only be approved for the Ink if you've haven't been approved for any other Chase cards in the past 30 days.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Reserve APPROVED!!!

Sapphire Reserve
INSTANT APPROVAL (In Branch)
Lowest possible interest rate
$34000 Limit!!!

I am beyond psyched!!!

Message 15 of 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: APPROVED!!!

Congrats!

Message 16 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase Sapphire Reserve APPROVED!!!

This thread is closed to new messages.

The new thread can be found here:   http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/APPROVED-CHASE-SAPPHIRE-RESERVE-Drinks-on-me/m...

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.