Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX 50k points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX 50k points

I just got approved for an AMEX Gold. Prior to signing up they offered a 25k point bonus but after doing some reading, I could double that. Since I’ve already been approved, will it be too late to try and get that 50k points bonus(that’s if I find those links)?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX 50k points

From what I have read they won't match. But it doesn't hurt to ask. Always research if you are getting best sign up bonus before applying or ask on here. Chase , Citi and Barclay will match you if you request within 30 days.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval! Unfortunately, I've heard from the amex customer service directly before that they don't do point matching even before or after approval. The offer you get is what you get (unless you do the sneaky methods prior to approval Smiley Tongue)

Message 3 of 5
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Was it the Gold or the Premier Rewards Gold (PRG)?  I thought that they had recently stopped taking applications for the Gold.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently got the Ameriprise version of the Gold...25K for $1000 spend.  I was under the impression that the "normal" Gold is a PRG with slightly different reward structure and a higher annual fee after year 1.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.