myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE

@Skye12329 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Skye12329 wrote:

Elan - 2 -3 yrs more towards the 3 yrs end Good

Sears - 1 yr Good 

BBY - 9 mos probably showing as closed and waiting on Citi to update again also probably 1 HP on EX

Cap1 - 4 mos Short history 1 HP on EX

Target - 10 mos Short history

My student loans basically accumalate for the AAOA i have some loans dating back to 2010 Good 

Ok you're doing a wonderful job of building history and credit......

However in my humble and honest opinion I really think you should wait another 3-4 months .......Sorry 

With Citi closing the history on BBY scores may have dropped some but don't worry they will recover when Citi report again as long as they report the whole history

If you had considered a charge card maybe but a revolver I just think it's to early for Amex just yet. YMMV tho

Alright thanks for the helpful information i will wait, ugh i have been gardening since my Cap1 and trying to wait till 2015 so my inqs will fall off and my AAOA will be good. Its hard XD

I know it's hard but to increase your chances of approval I think you should continue gardening it will truly help....promise

BTW it was hard for me to tell you tooo.....Ugh Smiley Sad

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 13
aerin_sol

I got instantly approved for the BCE a couple days ago and a Freedom last week with a similar length of history.  Oldest account ~2.5 years, average age was about 14 months and my newest account was from July.  I only had 3 total accounts though (paid off car loan, Citi Forward and Discover IT) and no student loans.  TU was 712 in July when I got approved for the Discover, EX I suspect is also somewhere in the low 700s.  Sorry I can't be more specific — Chase pulled EX for me as well but I haven't got my card yet.  I only had 3 EX inquiries though when I applied for the AMEX.  No derogs, same as you.  Low util as well.  However, my income is pretty low as I'm still a college student.

Hope that helps at all.

Citi Forward ($1700)
Discover IT ($1500)
Chase Freedom ($1000)
AMEX BCE ($2000)
Message 12 of 13
Networth
Frequent Contributor

I would app.  You AAOA is decent considering your accounts, your score are around 700, AMEX in my experience does not care to much about student loan debt, your utilization is great. I think you have a shot at BCE even though it may be a low limit. Back in 08' my report looked similar to yours and I got a AMEX Blue Sky. And as always YMMV. 

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.