Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCP with Asian SuperMarkets

tag
OneMoreCouch
Established Member

AMEX BCP with Asian SuperMarkets

Does anyone know if AMEX BCP gets cashback for groceries from Asian Supermarkets like Ranch 99, H Mart, Seafood City, or Uwajimaya (In seattle)? How does it work?

I just chcked my Amex BCP rewards dollars, and I think some of my purchases at these places were not counted as groceries but I can't determine which one.

Mouse over for Credit Limit

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
lanc
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX BCP with Asian SuperMarkets

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/rewards-info/retail.html#

Click on Supermarket FAQs

Specialty food stores, small corner grocery stores, gourmet shops, natural food stores and large superstores including online superstores (e.g. Amazon), warehouses clubs  (e.g. Costco) and big box stores (e.g. Wal-Mart) are examples of merchants that are NOT eligible for additional rewards.

Message 2 of 7
plasectomy
New Contributor

Expand the details of a posted transaction and you willl see the merchant category. That is really the only sure way of knowing. My personal experience is that Seafood City and Ranch 99 are categorized as groceries.

Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master.
Message 3 of 7
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@ojjlkjlkj wrote:

Expand the details of a posted transaction and you willl see the merchant category. That is really the only sure way of knowing. My personal experience is that Seafood City and Ranch 99 are categorized as groceries.

+1. 

H-Mart/ 99 Ranch/ Arirang Mart (if there are any in your area) are all considered "groceries" category in my posted transactions.  However, you might want to do the math as it looks like they've only given 1%, rather than 3% for groceries for me in certain transactions....i gotta get mine fixed.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 7
Shock
Established Contributor

Well this sucks. I wanted to join Costco. But they only accept debit and Amex, and I can't even use my BCE there, for rewards. AMEX and Costco have a love affair together, but make it exclusively the True Earnings that you can earn points.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 5 of 7
OneMoreCouch
Established Member

@yudeology101 wrote:

.i gotta get mine fixed.

How are you going to get that fixed. Because I'm seeing the exact same behavior, it feels like a good half of my transactions were given 1% as opposed to the 6% im supposed to get from BCP.

Mouse over for Credit Limit

Message 6 of 7
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@OneMoreCouch wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

.i gotta get mine fixed.

How are you going to get that fixed. Because I'm seeing the exact same behavior, it feels like a good half of my transactions were given 1% as opposed to the 6% im supposed to get from BCP.

Um....well there's only one way which is by calling them and get those disputed

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.