Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blacklisted Question

tag
blazerein
Established Contributor

AMEX Blacklisted Question

So I have a charge off with AMEX 5-6 yrs ago all paid and settled.  My Mom put me as an AU to her Macy's AMEX card about 4 years ago and paid it perfectly no lates. She added me with no issues and it's being reported on all 3 bureau on my credit report. Question... as being an AU for an AMEX card, does that mean I'm no longer on the Blacklisted List?  I want to improve my score and get back with AMEX on my own name.  Thanks for all the help.

AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: AMEX Blacklisted Question

The Macy's amex isn't an Amex card, it just uses the amex network. That being said, depending on when you paid them off, you should be fine by now. If you apply and are immediately declined without a credit pull, you're still on the blacklist. If you get an inquiry on your report, you're not blacklisted anymore.

Message 2 of 3
blazerein
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Blacklisted Question

Thanks, I'll wait to get my score up then pull that trigger.

AAoA 6yrs 3mos | Inquries: TU5/EQ5/EX8 | Utilization: 9% | Mortgage: 1 | Auto Loan: 2 | Personal Loan: 2 | Derogatory: 0

> >CREDIT UNION

EX- 585, TU- 583, EQ- 563 | CURRENT SCORE UPDATED: 2/2023 -> FICO 8 EX 754 TU 741 EQ 755 | FICO 9 EX 747 EQ 763 TU 756
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.