Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX CLI DECLINED BECAUSE OF TOO MANY INQUIRIES

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX CLI DECLINED BECAUSE OF TOO MANY INQUIRIES

I've had an Amex since 2006 and I've never been declined for a card or CLI. But since Oct I've done a lot of new cards. I got denied for my first time for a CLI due to inquiries also. So I'm going to lay low for a year while they all drop off.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX CLI DECLINED BECAUSE OF TOO MANY INQUIRIES

@pat0812 wrote:

Hi,

I have been with amex since 2012 when I got the gold charge card and in 2013 I got my blue cash everyday credit card.

After 60 days I did the 3x CLI and was approved and now I've been having this card with $13,200

Last month I tried to CLI to $24,500 (under 25k) and the only reason I was denied for, was too many recent inquiries.

My balance is 0

On Experian I have 5 inquiries, but 3 of them are from January.

On Equifax I have double, but I know Amex checks all the time my experian so I'm confused

When should I try again? I talked to customer service and they told me I can apply for CLI anytime I feel like. and that the 60 or 90 days wait between CLI is false information.

The only time you have to wait is when a CLI is approved, than you can only request another one after 6 months.

Any personal opinion on what I should do ?

You can try 90 days after a denial for CLI. I was told the same thing by a CSR. I called the EO and spoke with a credit analyst and he assured me that the 90 day policy after denials is still in effect.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.