Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Charge disappeared

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Charge disappeared

I made 2 purchases for sunglasses on Rayban's website to use an Amex offer $30 of $150+ (I had it on 2 cards). One card the transaction posted and the credit showed up. The other card I got a notification that the offer was successful and the charge showed up as pending on April 27th and out of nowhere the transaction disappeared and is no longer showing on my transaction history and available credit doesn't reflect it being taken out. The glasses are being shipped, but there's no charge for it. I called AMEX and they said the pending transacation dropped and AMEX authorized the purchase, but Rayban didn't collect the funds. AMEX advised that they can still charge me again anytime because the AMEX allowed the authorization, but it makes no sense as both transactions where made at the same time and both items shipped, yet only one was charged. What are the chances of me getting charged again? I was thinking of maybe returning the item, but what would happen then? Will I get a refund credit balance for the amount or will nothing happen as I wasn't charged? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX Charge disappeared

I would call Rayban to sort it out, as someone might have goofed.

Message 2 of 3
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Charge disappeared

I've seen this happen a few times on various credit cards of mine. A charge would start off as pending and then disappear. It always showed back up days later as a final charge without any warning. I believe I even had a final charge disappear from Chase or BoA but then come back again. I figure I only notice these things because I check my accounts daily. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it because it will show up again, but I don't know what happens when it is at a statement cut date.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.