cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Delta - how long to get card number?

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

AMEX Delta - how long to get card number?

I was approved for AMEX Delta cc around 10:00 pm Monday night.  A little earlier I was approved for ZYNC.   The ZYNC card is already visible online at AMEX website and I was informed that they mailed me the card on Tuesday!  My Delta card doesn't show up online because the CSR said a card number hasn't been generated for it.

How long after approval does it take the Delta card to become visible online?  One would figure that this would be the first step prior to actually mailing the card.

Duncan

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Delta - how long to get card number?

I could be wrong on this but in my case, my new cards never did show up online until I activated them.

I have had the Zync, Green, Costco, Delta Gold, and BCE. In my case, each of these showed up after I activated.

With the exception of the BCE and Delta Gold, the others are now closed.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 2 of 7
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I got the temporary card number for ZYNC.  Maybe that made it immediately visible online?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Message 3 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

I could be wrong on this but in my case, my new cards never did show up online until I activated them.

I have had the Zync, Green, Costco, Delta Gold, and BCE. In my case, each of these showed up after I activated.

+1

SO you axed 3 AMEX huh? I'm considering axing my Zync since I don't really use it at all anymore. I use the BCE and the Platinum.

I know i cant PC to a revolver but would be good to have the SPG.

Message 4 of 7
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

+1

SO you axed 3 AMEX huh? I'm considering axing my Zync since I don't really use it at all anymore. I use the BCE and the Platinum.

I know i cant PC to a revolver but would be good to have the SPG.

Yep - again, too many to manage. I am trying to get down to about 6 cards total and will kill off the rest.  Smiley Happy

I think the BCE is a good card and is reasonable on the rewards. My wife works for Target Corp so we get the 10% employee discount at Target and the additional 5% with the Target Visa. But I do use the BCE for the other grocery stores that we shop... LOL, I only use the BCE for grogeries maybe running $100 a month through it.

When I can, I am going to close the Gold Delta card and see if they will combine limits. The BCE will be the long term player for me. I think I have to wait a year for that to happen though.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 5 of 7
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

They gave me one on a printout if i needed to purchase a flight. But that # is useless after u get the card in the mail. Approved on a Thursday and received my card the next saturday

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 6 of 7
Cageym
Established Contributor

I'm still waiting on both the Zinc and Delta Gold. But then again it takes mail 2 to 3 weeks to get out here. I am already getting e-mail from Delta on how to earn points though.LOL

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.