Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Payment

tag
FIRECOURAGE
Frequent Contributor

AMEX Payment

How long does it take AMEX to post payments? Everything is still showing pending. I made some charges Thursday & Friday that I want to go ahead and pay but when I click on make a payment it says no payment required.

EDIT: Sorry Mods. This may need to go in the Credit Cards Forum

4/01/2019 | Dismissed Chapter 7 BK

2/12/2024 | Equifax: 677 | Experian: 689 | TransUnion: 725
Goal Score: 750 - Across The Board
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FIRECOURAGE
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX Payment

UPDATE: Spoke with AMEX Customer Care through Chat and they said the bill wouldn't be available to pay till February 23 but if I wanted to pay right now, I could do a billpay through my bank.

Why didn't I think of that!!??Smiley Embarassed

4/01/2019 | Dismissed Chapter 7 BK

2/12/2024 | Equifax: 677 | Experian: 689 | TransUnion: 725
Goal Score: 750 - Across The Board
Message 2 of 4
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

I have a couple brand new Amex cards, and I too noticed they don't seem to make paying multiple times on line easy before the first statement cuts.

Strangely, although I could not make a 2nd payemnt for about a week, the ability to make another befoe 1st statement just appeared.  You may want to check back.

Off topic, the on line chat guys from Amex seem to be above average compared to others.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 3 of 4
gibeon
Established Contributor

You can pay, in advance of your bill, through the AMEX website, but ONLY for charges that have posted - not pending charges.

They credit your account IMMEDIATELY when you make a payment through their site. 

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.