Did you mean: 

AMEX Pre-Qualified - Timing and Recurring Attempts

tag
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Pre-Qualified - Timing and Recurring Attempts

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I check the pre qual for Amex daily.  Does not hurt you.   If it doesn't say "pre approved" then I don't apply.   If it says "Expanding" I don't waste the time but in all you can check every hour if you want it will not hurt anything.   Things will change as far as you being approved or not just with your credit scores to be honest.

Are you talking about "Special Offer for you" when you are logged into your account? Otherwise I am not sure I see the words "pre-qualified" when I am on there.

I'm talking about the Pre-Qual site.... I'm not currently an Amex account holder so I don't have any log-in.

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/check-for-offers/?eep=25330&linknav=US-Acq-Shop-Consumer-VAC-Prospect-CheckForOffers-TopNav

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Pre-Qualified - Timing and Recurring Attempts

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

You do not need a prequal to get an Amex. Dont overthink it. Know your profile, know your Experian score and go for the card you want most first. Go from thereSmiley Wink

Hi, like AverageJoesCredit said. Don't ovethink it and check all your curent Fico Scores whether it is free or paid. Amex is using Experian score which sometimes could check something TU or EQ is not reporting for some personal loans or other credit applications. When I look at my Experian Score and detail, there is a lot of thing that might not look favorable because of some credit inquiries  that still remain even what is considered as Soft Pull. I have to wait until they are gone and will apply for other Amex cards. However, with my case I could at least see if I have pre-approval. For your case, check them first just to be sure.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.