Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX gurus please help...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX gurus please help...

@babygirl1256 wrote:

Greetings JERV ~ Welcome to the forum . . . You really won't know where you stand with AmEx until you actually apply and be approved or denied (with a letter of explanation). If you apply it will be a hard pull. AmEx pulled my Experian report and approved me for a $5k limit -but- on the 61st day of being a cardholder, I submit a request for 3X my limit and it was approved!!! Your Experian (EX) and TransUnion (TU) scores are far less than your Equifax . . . Why? Are there any other negative trade lines (i.e. collections, charge-offs, etc.) on your EX and TU reports? If so, this forum can assist and provide guidance on how to address them before reapplying. Wishing you success on your AmEx approval.

@babygirl1256 Thank you! glad to be part of this forum and continue learning!

Yes, my EQ is reporting correctly now...while TU & EX have the two CO's that are still there and hopefully be removed soon enough. Once removed hope they increase at least 100 pts ....( as EQ shoot up 150+ pts by deleting those two CO's )

Looking forward on learning how to address them before reapplying.

(On a side note- any particular reason of why you write AmEx? with capital E lol....sorry still learning)

Message 11 of 16
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

If you're cautious always try the pre-approval. You can gain data points without having to risk the hard pull. If they pre-qualify you that lets you know you're in the running.

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 12 of 16
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Greetings JERV ~ Great that you are addressing the TU & EX two COs . . . it would be great to obtain a PFD (Pay For Delete) for both of them. There's a list on this forum of companies that do PFD and I will try to find it and post or one of the other forum members may be able to post it . . . Hopefully your 2 companies are on there. In reference to the AmEx . . . It's just my preference. American Express' website reflects Amex -and- I've seen it written all types of ways on this forum.Smiley Wink

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 13 of 16
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 Yes, my EQ is reporting well. However, TU & EX have a couple CO's which are currently being worked on. As by removing those two my EQ shoot up over 150 pts I'm gonna wait until those couple CO's are removed before I apply with AMEX again.

I have a Capital One QS which I PIF every month but I just recently noticed there isn't more grow for that one. 

If you're willing to wait it out to try until you get those COs off, I think you'll be a prime candidate for a second go around with AMEX. That is definitely a great plan! 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@babygirl1256 wrote:

Greetings JERV ~ Great that you are addressing the TU & EX two COs . . . it would be great to obtain a PFD (Pay For Delete) for both of them. There's a list on this forum of companies that do PFD and I will try to find it and post or one of the other forum members may be able to post it . . . Hopefully your 2 companies are on there. In reference to the AmEx . . . It's just my preference. American Express' website reflects Amex -and- I've seen it written all types of ways on this forum.Smiley Wink

@babygirl1256 Hello! yes that would be even better to PFD! would like to know what entity does that? never heard of PFD....that would expedite my goal instead of waiting for the CR company (granted they've been great-BUT not sure how long will take to remove those 2 companies)

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Ficoproblems247 Yes, my EQ is reporting well. However, TU & EX have a couple CO's which are currently being worked on. As by removing those two my EQ shoot up over 150 pts I'm gonna wait until those couple CO's are removed before I apply with AMEX again.

I have a Capital One QS which I PIF every month but I just recently noticed there isn't more grow for that one. 

If you're willing to wait it out to try until you get those COs off, I think you'll be a prime candidate for a second go around with AMEX. That is definitely a great plan! 

@Ficoproblems247 would much rather PFD if I can get results faster, and hopefully don't run into the "bad luck" of having them sell that account to a third party and have this again in my credit by a different debt collector.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.