Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX once lifetime sign-up bonus question

tag
alakazam
New Contributor

AMEX once lifetime sign-up bonus question

Hi, I've had the AMEX PRG in the past and closed it. I haven't had the regular Gold. Now the Gold is a different card with different categories. If I apply, will the sign up bonus count or is that considered the same product?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
alakazam
New Contributor

Re: AMEX once lifetime sign-up bonus question

Nvm, found it. Sad.

Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card or the Premier Rewards Gold Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.

Message 2 of 5
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Did you receive a SUB when you got the PRG? How long ago was it? Someone else here said they recently got the new Gold and was told they’d get the bonus even after previously having the PRG.

Message 3 of 5
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@KLEXH25 wrote:
Did you receive a SUB when you got the PRG? How long ago was it? Someone else here said they recently got the new Gold and was told they’d get the bonus even after previously having the PRG.

On my application said I would get bonus but when I was approved had no sub , different people at Amex gave different answers in the end I got no sign up bonus. I had .org maybe three or four years ago . For what its worth that my personal experience with Amex once in lifetime language. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 5
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

AMEX does occasionally put out a promo that doesn't include any lifetime language, and they aren't always targeted.

There is also some emperical evidence that in AMEXland "lifetime" translates to 7 years but that should be at best viewed as a YMMV.

(2/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.