Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX - "No payment is due at this time."

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX - "No payment is due at this time."

I had the same issue w/ AMEX when I got this new AU card.

I do not like to carry a balance. In fact, I want to make immediate payments within 2 days of the charge (provided the charge cleared).  When I was getting the "no payment is due at this time" it was frustrating me to no end; however, now that I'm into my 2nd billing cycle, I can make payments more frequently.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 11 of 16
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

well my interal limit started out at only $1,500 and I put 7K through it as of today so I had to.

Bet your internal limit goes up by a ton in a couple months.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now it's at 4,000
Message 13 of 16
spengbab
Regular Contributor

I was able to pay mid cycle in my 1st month. If you press Pay Bill, it will give you an option to pay your current balance, your due payment, or another amount.

Barclaycard Apple Financing (2100), Discover More (2500), US Bank Visa Platinum (2000), CFNA (2200), Chase Freedom (500), Capital One (1500), HSBC Platinum Master Card (750), Nebraska Furniture Mart (1000)
Message 14 of 16
lolabelle
Regular Contributor

@spengbab wrote:

I was able to pay mid cycle in my 1st month. If you press Pay Bill, it will give you an option to pay your current balance, your due payment, or another amount.

Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.  I had that option, but when I chose "other amount" and typed in the oustanding balance, it told me I could not make a payment higher than the payment currently due - which was the statement balance.  Now that I've paid the statement balance, I have no option to pay at all.

I spoke with a customer service rep again yesterday and was told that I would have the option to make mid-cycle payments 30 days after... um, some significant date that I now can no longer remember.  Smiley Tongue  But I do remember the 30-day mark was yesterday and as of today I still can't make an online payment.  I'm going to give it until Friday and the call it in over the phone, or have my bank cut a check.

Starting Score: 732 (EQ)
Current Score: EQ 08 - 837! Whoo!! (5/14/14);EQ 04 - 795! (5/15/14) 748 (TU - 5/21/12); 760 (EX - 4/16/12 AMEX pull)
Original Goal Score: 760+ EQ --> decimated!
New Goal Score: Just keep swimming...

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 16
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

This happens when you register your first and possibly every checking account with them, they are paranoid about it. They take the first payment and then won't accept another payment from that checking account for a while usually at 2 - 3weeks so that if something is going to go bad on teh checking account it only effects one transaction. Once you are passed the first payment with that speciific checking account has succeeded all is good, then you get fast posting, fast clearance of payments, and fast removal from your account and all is good, but most people that are paranoid about having balances show on statements end up pushing a payment from there bank bill pay program. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.