Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX soft pull?

tag
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

AMEX soft pull?

Is this true that AMEX will do a SP if you are denied and HP if you are approved? Thanks.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX soft pull?

True. (if you already have an AMEX card)

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 14
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

Since I already have the AMEX Green I will nto loose anything by apping for another AMEX card? What if I get a denied should I recon? I have had the Green since Nov. 2011. Run it somewhere between 500 - 1K monthly. Any thoughts?

Message 3 of 14
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@kwazziee wrote:

Since I already have the AMEX Green I will nto loose anything by apping for another AMEX card? What if I get a denied should I recon? I have had the Green since Nov. 2011. Run it somewhere between 500 - 1K monthly. Any thoughts?

What Amex card are you looking to apply for?

As long as all of your other accounts are in good standing, you should be in good shape to apply for another card.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 14
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

It is in very good standing. Have been PIF each month since card was opened. I would like to apply for the BCE. What are my chance and if denied what are my chance of recon?

Message 5 of 14
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

We need more info: 1. credit scores, 2. AAoA, 3. how long you had AMEX product, 4. baddies on reports (if any), 5. Utilization, 6. number of inquires, 7. income; and 8. blood type Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 14
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

We need more info: 1. credit scores, 2. AAoA, 3. how long you had AMEX product, 4. baddies on reports (if any), 5. Utilization, 6. number of inquires, 7. income; and 8. blood type Smiley Happy

IQ factors in as well. Oh and don't let me tell you about race. That's a killer Smiley Happy

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 7 of 14
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

Okay, if I have too.

1. EX 702 TU 714 EQ 698

2. 3 years / 9 months

3. since Nov 2011

4. no baddies clean CR on all 3

5. 50% (due to DW AU Chase card) can I explain this if recon needed?

6. 4-6 inquiries each (2 years)

7. 45K

8. GEE WIZZ I've knew this was needed to see if I can get approve. Oh well if I have too then it's A+B+C Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 14
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

The scores are just about there but the util is a big drawback.

To be honest, I'd wait until January 2013 and get the full backdate to 01/2011.

However, as stated before, if a denial letter shallcome your way, the expected losses are .. nothing!

So, might as well apply but I see it difficult to get it right now. As for the recons, I've heard many times they are a waste of time.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 9 of 14
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:

The scores are just about there but the util is a big drawback.

To be honest, I'd wait until January 2013 and get the full backdate to 01/2011.

However, as stated before, if a denial letter shallcome your way, the expected losses are .. nothing!

So, might as well apply but I see it difficult to get it right now. As for the recons, I've heard many times they are a waste of time.

+1

Your utilization is the biggest problem here. Solve that, and you will be in much better shape.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.