Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APR yikes!!! ... is something off?

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: APR yikes!!! ... is something off?

@Shock wrote:

Funny how everyone here praises Chase with their non APR reductions and HP customer initiated CLI requests.

Cap1 will do temporary and permanent APR reductions, as well as SP customer initiated CLI's. Yet they are the resident puncing bag around here.

Absolutely no complaints for Cap1 - 12,9% APR ..that is 10% lower than Chase Freedom....BofA is my runner up with 9,99% ..but still does not get any interest from me but it makes me feel appreciated ??LOL 

Message 21 of 25
Shock
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Shock wrote:

Funny how everyone here praises Chase with their non APR reductions and HP customer initiated CLI requests.

Cap1 will do temporary and permanent APR reductions, as well as SP customer initiated CLI's. Yet they are the resident puncing bag around here.

Absolutely no complaints for Cap1 - 12,9% APR ..that is 10% lower than Chase Freedom....BofA is my runner up with 9,99% ..but still does not get any interest from me but it makes me feel appreciated ??LOL 

Exactly. Let's you know that youre doing a great job.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 22 of 25
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I think my Discover is my lowest but I don't know the majority of APRs for any of my cards.  I was under the impression that the APR you mentioned is typical for non-store credit cards (and worse for store cards!).  I know your scores aren't typical (great job on your scores by the way!) but I never really thought the APR varied that much.  I have read threads where you can call certain companies and request a better rate.  If you plan on carrying a balance, then this might be the way to go.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 23 of 25
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

I have asked and was told that Chase does not change APRs...you are stuck with what you get for the card's life:( ....I am a PIF customer so APR does not matter but I do take it personal when Chase puts me in the drawer of their worst customers...Got best terms from all others but Chase and Discover. 

At least with Huntington you have a chance to  lower APR.....Chase is the only one that does not touch it. Who did not give me best terms changed it afterwards. Regarding the limit it could be your new accounts? Chase gave me this horrible APR because of my app spree..got 4 cards (spree once and never again - lesson learnt for me)

My wife has the Freedom (former Providian, WAMU) with a 29.24% interest rate. Always has been high. But I didn't care because as with all our CC,s it is always PIF. They could have raised it to 100% and it would not have mattered. I use it mainly for the 5% categories.

Last week I put a $3600.00 charge on the Freedom. The charge went through fine and it posted. This past Monday morning I was checking 

our online accounts as I do every morning and I don't know if it was already scheduled or what but I noticed they lowered the Interest rate to 23.24%. A 6 point drop. It's as though they are enticing me to carry a balance.

I don't think so.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 24 of 25
fot1
Established Contributor

@Shock wrote:

Chase has been far better to me with Limits, apr and cli in less then  one year then Cap ! has ever been in almost 3 years.

Too many to list..
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.