Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding an authorized user

tag
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: Adding an authorized user

@Realitybites

The Dane thing kinda thing happened with my wife. She had no credit whatsoever, and I added her an AU on my 2 cards and she immediately started getting snail mail offers. 8 mos ago (not knowing their reputation) we applied and got a Credit One card. I saw that it was a rewards card, so I didn’t think it was bad. We’ve used it for $20 or so every month and left a small balance on it and she was able to get a Cap1 Quicksilver this week.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 11 of 14
bergrides
Regular Contributor

My son is in college, and when he started a few years back, we had  a rough time getting him a card.  Finally Capital One Journey approved him for $500 CL, and unfortunately it is still there.  I few months ago I added him as an AU on my Amex BCP, and he has started getting snail mail offers in the mail.

Message 12 of 14
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Hopefully the AU populates all 3 CRA. I have a Target CC (Mastercard version not red card) that only shows up on TU. It has been 3 months. 

Message 13 of 14
Pap_32
Valued Member

I did this with my sister (19) with my cap1 qs for about 8 months and she just recently got approved for apple card 2500 and discover it card 2250 in the summer. As another post stated see if they report Au's to all 3 and see if they report the whole length of history or just when u add him.

Best of luck to you and your brother on his credit Journey.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.