Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Card Users

tag
californiaboy935
Frequent Contributor

Additional Card Users

I have a bunch of additional card users (mostly the bartenders at my CC) and they always pay. But scared. Should I get out of this? And if so, how?
BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50,800 | NFCU MCPlatinum $50,000 | NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $10,000 | American Express Platinum | American Express Blue Cash Preferred $6,000 | American Express Cash $2,000 | American Express Blue Business Plus $4,000 | Apple Card Mastercard $5,500 | Discover IT Student $1,000

FICO 8 scores 03/2022
EX-680
TU-732
EQ-749
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Additional Card Users

If there's a perceived risk (depending on your tolerance level) then you can make that decision to remove them. It's all about an element of trust (after all you did add a 'bunch' of them in the first place).

Contact the lenders and ask them to remove the AUs. Simple. As a courtesy, make sure you notify the AUs that those cards are no longer active if you decide to remove them.
Message 2 of 4
Openwater
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
If there's a perceived risk (depending on your tolerance level) then you can make that decision to remove them. It's all about an element of trust (after all you did add a 'bunch' of them in the first place).

This about hits the nail on the head. If its working then fine, but keep in mind it can change at a moments notice and that's on you. Never lend anything you're not willing to lose. Hope that helps. Cheers!

Discover 22K ---------------------------- Credit Union MC 17K
Cap1 QS 11K ---------------------------- Barclay 3.4K
AMEX Blue Cash AU 15.5K ------ Barclay Apple AU 10K
AMEX BCP 15K
1 Installment loans:
Auto 60K /

AMEX Hilton Aspire 25K
Vantage 3.0: TU:738 EQ: 737 03-17-2020
Ch. 7 DC 12/2014
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they're on one of your Amex cards you can also set an individual spending limit for them. I have a friend as an AU on my platinum, strictly for lounge access. Even though I've known them over 20 years and tthey have a FICO over 800, I still keep it at $200 in order to minimize problems if it's lost or stolen.

I'm not sure if your AUs are employees using the cards for business purposes, or you're giving them as a favour. In general though, if Capital One won't give someone credit, neither will I. The good news is that being an AU on your cards for a while now should help them get a card of their own - my partner is always getting pre-qual offers from Capital One by being an AU on mine.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.