cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on status of AF

tag
coolingoutofhabit

Advice on status of AF

Between my SO and myself, we have 6 Capital One cards: 2 QSO, 2 Visa Platinum, 1 MC Platinum, and they just sent me a new WMC as a replacement for an old MC Platinum card. My question is how do I get rid of the AF? All 6 cards have have fees. Some are $3/mo, some are $39/yr and one is $59/yr. I called a few months ago and they said they can't do it. Our FICO scores are in the 760 range and I feel like I should be able to qualify for some no fee cards. Any advice on how to manage the cards is appreciated. TIA

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Advice on status of AF

@coolingoutofhabitwrote:

Between my SO and myself, we have 6 Capital One cards: 2 QSO, 2 Visa Platinum, 1 MC Platinum, and they just sent me a new WMC as a replacement for an old MC Platinum card. My question is how do I get rid of the AF? All 6 cards have have fees. Some are $3/mo, some are $39/yr and one is $59/yr. I called a few months ago and they said they can't do it. Our FICO scores are in the 760 range and I feel like I should be able to qualify for some no fee cards. Any advice on how to manage the cards is appreciated. TIA

Call up about one of the cards, and ask if it's eligible for an upgrade.

Try that periodically with each of the cards.

You should definitely qualify for no fee cards!

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on status of AF

Call or ask on chat for upgrades. There is a link in another post here that may show you if you have an offer for now. They may be able to PC your cards to a different kind. Account number and history stays intact.

If not, ask if they will waive / reimburse the fee after it hits. Some people have success that route as well
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.