Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Invite

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant Invite

I'm not looking for any more cards but just curious if being invited (via email) to apply for the Alliant CU credit cards is similar to a pre approval or just advertisement?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Alliant Invite

Got same, no set apr. just advertisement.
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!
Message 3 of 8
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

It depends on the email from Alliant.  I don't believe all of them are the same.  Mine says:

"No matter what your preference, you’re preapproved for an Alliant Visa Credit Card. Simply choose the card that best fits your lifestyle."

I don't see a set APR for the Plat Rewards option.  It just says 35k welcome bonus points.  The standard plat says: "Introductory 0% APR for 18 months. Then, standard variable rate of 9.49% APR applies" 

Another tell tale sign is the pre-screen/opt-out notice at the bottom of the email:

PRE-SCREEN & OPT-OUT NOTICE: This “prescreened” offer of credit is based on information in your credit report indicating that you meet certain criteria. This offer is not guaranteed if you do not meet our criteria including providing acceptable property as collateral. If you do not want to receive prescreened offers of credit from this and other companies, call TransUnion at 1-888-567-8688 or visit the website at www.optoutprescreen.com; or write TransUnion Opt Out Request PO Box 505, Woodlyn, PA 19094-0505.

If it just says your are invited to apply, I would agree with the previous poster.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The email I received says "No matter what your preference, you're invited to apply."

Unfortunately, not a pre approval Smiley Sad I opted out. Would that mean I won't receive pre approvals from my current lenders?
Message 5 of 8
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Yes, if you are opt'd out, it is for everybody.  They can still do AR SPs, but they are not supposed to be able to do promotional offer SPs.

Message 6 of 8
RonM21
Valued Contributor

You can opt back in if need be though, by going to one of the sites and doing it there.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Maybe 10 years from now Smiley Happy I have all the cards I need (19) just haven't included all of them in my signature here

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.