Did you mean: 

AmEx App: Strange Response

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: AmEx App: Strange Response

@CreditScoreBlueprint wrote:

I just applied for the AmEx Blue Cash Everyday card and got this response:

"Sorry - we're currently experiencing some difficulties with our systems.

Your application will be processed as soon as possible, and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days.

For an update on the status of your card application, please click here to go to our online status site.

Thank you for applying for the Blue Cash EverydaySM from American Express."

I tried clicking on the link to view the online status and the page just keeps loading and then I get a 505 error. Tried calling customer service and the rep said she can't look into the status of the application for me, and to try waiting an hour.

Now I'm wondering if the application even went through. Anyone ever have this problem?

I had that same response the last time I apped, their system's were down and like 4 hours later they declined me Smiley Mad

(not saying you'll be declined, fingers crossed!)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied for the AmEx Blue Cash Everyday card and got this response:

"Sorry - we're currently experiencing some difficulties with our systems.

Your application will be processed as soon as possible, and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days.

For an update on the status of your card application, please click here to go to our online status site.

Thank you for applying for the Blue Cash EverydaySM from American Express."

I tried clicking on the link to view the online status and the page just keeps loading and then I get a 505 error. Tried calling customer service and the rep said she can't look into the status of the application for me, and to try waiting an hour.

Now I'm wondering if the application even went through. Anyone ever have this problem?

I got the same message after I applied for a green card about 12 hours ago.  bad timing, as it seems their systems were down. 

Keep us updated and I'll do the same.  good luck!

Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied for my Blue a few weeks ago, I got a similar message.  I checked the status online later that night and it got an error message after loading for 3 minutes.  But when I checked the next morning I was approved.  I suspect they could have been having some technical difficulties.

Message 13 of 34
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

This may be something with their website... Last night I logged on so that I could go to Credit Secure, and check my 3 bureau reports and Plus scores...  My account homepage was under construction...  AMEX is so nice, with great CSR team, they likely know about this glitch, and you may be able to get some results over the phone...  I would totally call in.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 14 of 34
CreditScoreBlueprint
New Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

This may be something with their website... Last night I logged on so that I could go to Credit Secure, and check my 3 bureau reports and Plus scores...  My account homepage was under construction...  AMEX is so nice, with great CSR team, they likely know about this glitch, and you may be able to get some results over the phone...  I would totally call in.

Would they be able to help me out on a Sunday? The number they list says to call during normal business hours, Mon through Fri.

Message 15 of 34
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

This sort of stuff happens with the wireless companies when they are running applications for credit approval.  However, if you're so lucky as to be applying at that time, they do not make you wait for the credit systems to come back up; you're just auto-approved with $0 deposit regardless of credit rating.

Happens  a couple times a year and with the advent of social media, it sometimes get's broadcasted and an influx of apps flow in.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: just received an email from Amex.... approved for the Green!  also reflects in the status check link. 

I've had my Zync for about 7 months now, and got the Green for backdating, aoaa, and upgraded MR points.

Message 17 of 34
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

Sure wish that would happen to me!! I applied this morning and no issues with the website..it just says In Progress. I'm pretty sure I'm a denial since I have a several inquiries and a derogatory on my experian.  But I tried anyway.  But would be nice if I were one of those apps caught in the middle of the Glitch when auto approvals are given!

Message 18 of 34
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

Would they be able to help me out on a Sunday? The number they list says to call during normal business hours, Mon through Fri.

I would call on Monday.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 34
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@payingoffdebt001 wrote:

Sure wish that would happen to me!! I applied this morning and no issues with the website..it just says In Progress. I'm pretty sure I'm a denial since I have a several inquiries and a derogatory on my experian.  But I tried anyway.  But would be nice if I were one of those apps caught in the middle of the Glitch when auto approvals are given!

Fingers crossed for you!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.