Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Chase Upgrade

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Chase Upgrade

Anyone else get the upgrade letter?  It seems like a good thing from what they describe, but I'm afraid of hidden gems.. I'm assuming there won't be a limit reported since it's a signature thing with no pre-set limit.  The rewards sound better but I don't really use this card..  Maybe that was their goal, increase my spending.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Chase Upgrade

rewrds limited to 60K net purchases a year , the max cash per year is $600 so even you spend 60k at amzon.com you would have to wait next year year to get more cash, and points expire 48 months after earned

not a problem for me

Message 2 of 8
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Anyone else get the upgrade letter?  It seems like a good thing from what they describe, but I'm afraid of hidden gems.. I'm assuming there won't be a limit reported since it's a signature thing with no pre-set limit.  The rewards sound better but I don't really use this card..  Maybe that was their goal, increase my spending.

What kind of upgrade is it? Is it the non-branded upgrade that was talked about a few weeks ago, in terms of Chase no longer offering some of their co-branded cards?

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wndrwmn78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What kind of upgrade is it? Is it the non-branded upgrade that was talked about a few weeks ago, in terms of Chase no longer offering some of their co-branded cards?

2 points/$1 on dinning , gas , drug stores  and office supplies stores

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wndrwmn78 wrote:

No, it's Amazon.com Rewards Signature Visa. Thanks for the info rbbyrbsn.  I will have to move this one closer to the front.  

Message 5 of 8
DieselAmy
Valued Member

I got the letter a couple days ago too.  Seems like an improvement.  I use this card when a place doesn't take my Discover, so some odd restaurants tend to show up on it.  Will be nice to get more rewards for that.  I was already happy with the Amazon gift cards but now I can get cash etc!  Their 10x points for utilities/recurring payments this past spring was an awesome deal too.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this letter last week.  I actually called them two weeks ago asking to upgrade and they said it was impossible to do that with the new laws, without applying for a new card, which I was of course unwilling to do. So getting the letter was exciting to me, since I could only see positive changes on the new card, and no negatives.
Message 7 of 8
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I got this letter last week.  I actually called them two weeks ago asking to upgrade and they said it was impossible to do that with the new laws, without applying for a new card, which I was of course unwilling to do. So getting the letter was exciting to me, since I could only see positive changes on the new card, and no negatives.

Smileys

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.