Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon/Chase card Puerto Rico ?

tag
Croselx
Contributor

Amazon/Chase card Puerto Rico ?

I recently applied for an Amazon Rewards Visa (free $30 signup and for book purchases) and got the 7-10 day message. Today I received a letter asking for SSN# verification (they sent a form) and address verification (copy of drivers lic or government ID), they required no income verification on this letter. This card is issued by Chase and as far as I know they have no local branch here. 

I already took the HP, should I continue and send this information? Do I have any chance of being approved based on not living in the States?

As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amazon/Chase card Puerto Rico ?

when they ask for verification you are usually approved go ahead and send it in. they usually wont go that far and then decline you after you send them all your information they are asking for

amazon
Message 2 of 4
TheConductor
Established Contributor

+1   If you were able to apply from a PR address, then it should not be an issue in your approval.

The presence of a local branch is only necessary for their checking/savings/etc. The credit cards are available in states where they do not have branches. Send the info, you are most likely approved as long as your identification matches what was stated on the application.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 3 of 4
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

@Croselx wrote:

I recently applied for an Amazon Rewards Visa (free $30 signup and for book purchases) and got the 7-10 day message. Today I received a letter asking for SSN# verification (they sent a form) and address verification (copy of drivers lic or government ID), they required no income verification on this letter. This card is issued by Chase and as far as I know they have no local branch here. 

I already took the HP, should I continue and send this information? Do I have any chance of being approved based on not living in the States?

Does the address on your driver license match the address on your Chase application? Addresses can get a little crazy here (with the urbanizations and all that). If the addresses match, I don't see you having any problems.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.