Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime Vs Amazon with card.

And Chase hates me. No card with them lol
Message 11 of 17
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Prime is worth it for shipping alone, I definitely agree.  If you can use anything else they offer with Prime, it makes it that much more worth it (Prime Movies, Music, etc etc etc).  

If you do any amount of shopping on Amazon at all, it's worth it.  Particularly around the holidays if you're a holiday shopper --- I don't know how many times I've had Amazon send a gift to someone for me because I'm lazy, hahaha.

+1 Word. I only use Prime for the free shipping and it's totally worth it. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have ever seen slickdeals and how they have a 4 page thread about toilet paper, you'll see amazon is usually number 2 behind Costco or sams. A case of northern plopped on my porch for less than target? Great.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got the amazon card with prime and I adore it. I bought the fire stick for my tv and the movies tvs and games not to mention free books (avid kindle reader) are just amazing. I save so much money not having to really buy entertainment anymore. 

Message 14 of 17
Mantis350
Regular Contributor

I don't have the Amazon card because i have enough benefits from my other cards but I can tell you Prime membership paid for itself within a week.  If you don't order from Amazon very often then don't worry about Prime but it is fairly ubiquitous in all areas of my personal life and business life.  I can't even begin to tell you how many people I have turned on to Prime.  The best thing since pants with pockets!

PenFed Rewards Visa Sig-$14,000 | BofA Plat Visa-$12,500 | Discover IT-$11,000 | NASA-$7,500 | WF Cash Rewards Visa-$6,800 | BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig-$6,500 | Barclay Rewards MC-$6,000 | Cap1 QS Visa Sig-$5,750 | Citi DC-$5,500 | Cap1 Venture 1-$4,500 | Cap1 QS-$3,400 | Chase Freedom-$3,400 | AMEX BCE-$2,000 | Lowes-$15,000 | Home Depot-$5,000
|Current Score(2/19/2016)|| 709 EQ || 734 TU || 729 EXP ||
Message 15 of 17
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I've never purchased Prime before and wouldn't really want to I don't think.

Despite comments above, worth is always highly subjective, regardless ot topic.  It's up to you to review the benefits of Prime and to do the anaylsis on whether or not it is worthwhile to you.  Like others in this thread, I find it beneficial but that doesn't mean that everyone does.

@Anonymous wrote:
I know I get 5% back, but is that only if I have Prime?

Make sure you're doing your due diligence before applying for any card.  The site for the card is always a good place to start:

https://www.amazon.com/iss/credit/storecardmember

If you cease to be an Eligible Amazon Prime Member or your Amazon Prime Store Card account is not in good standing, you will not receive the 5% back benefit.

Refer to the info and the terms on that page.

@mitchblue wrote:

I don't have the hour delivery in my area since I'm more in the country but that would be freakin' awesome.

It can be handy sometimes but product selection is much more limited with Prime Now.

@Anonymous wrote:

Creditors don't hate or love.  Its all business and about risk assessment.  You don't qualify.

Message 16 of 17
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase is not the issuer of the Amazon Prime card, Synchrony is. Chase issues the Visa one with 3% cashback on Amazon purchases.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.