Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Store Card CLI

I received an automatic CLI of $1,800 about a month ago. Do you think because of the holiday season is coming that I can use the "increase limit" without incurring a hard inquiry? I have found an old thread on FICO and said they received a CLI and resulted in a soft pull. 

I would like to make a purchase but don't want to incur a 64% utlization rate on this store card.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Store Card CLI

98% of the time it's a soft pull with Synch. I have never had a HP with Synch CLI's personally. Try out their chat feature to see if you can get another bump. Holidays are coming and it's always nice to have a buffer! Good luck and congrats on the CLI!!!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Try out their chat feature to see if you can get another bump. 

The online chat button is gone. I could just use the "Increase limit" button.

If I were to chat to a rep they would simply say they don't know if it would be a soft or hard pull. Since that was their answer in the past when I spoke to them, I declined to ask for a CLI, but a few weeks later I was surprised because I received a $1,800 auto CLI. I read it occurs after 4 statements.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a SP CLI within a day of account activation by calling in, it's worth a try since their CLI's are usually massive. Aim for the stars and they'll counter if needed Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an auto credit limit increase a month ago so the "increase limit" button doesn't work. I'll just wait another 3 months and it'll auto CLI like for the rest of their other customers. I don't really want to purchase from Amazon anyhow because of the sales tax. I have many other options.

Message 5 of 8
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I received an automatic CLI of $1,800 about a month ago. Do you think because of the holiday season is coming that I can use the "increase limit" without incurring a hard inquiry? I have found an old thread on FICO and said they received a CLI and resulted in a soft pull. 

I would like to make a purchase but don't want to incur a 64% utlization rate on this store card.

You can hit the button to your heart's content without causing an HP, but it likely won't increase your CL until you've posted at least 4 statements from your last CLI.   I'd recommend using either the Chat feature or calling Credit Solutions (check the backdoor number thread) if you want a CLI now.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 6 of 8
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Try out their chat feature to see if you can get another bump. 

The online chat button is gone. I could just use the "Increase limit" button.

If I were to chat to a rep they would simply say they don't know if it would be a soft or hard pull. Since that was their answer in the past when I spoke to them, I declined to ask for a CLI, but a few weeks later I was surprised because I received a $1,800 auto CLI. I read it occurs after 4 statements.

The "Chat" feature comes and goes, based on hours and the amount of CSRs available.   Also, some CSRs are ill-informed regarding credit reporting and may not even know the difference between SP and HP.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had an auto credit limit increase a month ago so the "increase limit" button doesn't work. I'll just wait another 3 months and it'll auto CLI like for the rest of their other customers. I don't really want to purchase from Amazon anyhow because of the sales tax. I have many other options.

Then I guess it doesn't matter if you get a CLI, does it? Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.