Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Eagle Card

tag
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

American Eagle Card

Does anyone actually use their American Eagle Card?  I'm considering closing mine..despite having just got it in March. It only has a $150 limit ..and from what I've read this card does not grow with you very quickly. The only reason I want it is for the extra 20% off sales they have for using it every so often.

Any opinions?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Eagle Card

I've had 2 different cards since 2008 and I can't tell you the last time I actually used mine.  I am probably going to let it auto close and not really shed a tear at all about it and it's $300 limit

Message 2 of 7
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

I too started out with a very LOW limit of $150 and now I'm at $2,000 thanks to calling in since they don't have a chat feature.  I use it here and there, but it's great for utilization and since there's no AF I'm keeping it. Just something to think about. Call in and request a CLI. Shoot for the stars and they will counter. Smiley Happy

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 3 of 7
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Had a $2500 limit. Close it this year because i learned that they'll never reduce the astronomical APR. i didnt use it for the past 2 years anyway

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 4 of 7
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

I hadn't thought about the fact that it was good for utilization and no AF

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with a $300 dollar limit 11 months ago, and now has a $4000 limit. I buy clothes there alot and PIF when I purchase so I do not pay interest. I like the reward cert. that you get for using the card, as well as all the coupons they send you. The longer you keep the card open and in good standing (are your score gets higher) they will make you an offer for the American Eagle Visa card.

Message 6 of 7
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

THanks all. I only got it for the possibility of the Visa. I've seen others say it has taken years. Hopefully they will not take  this long.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.