Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Blue Preferred Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Blue Preferred Help

It's getting close to the six month request for credit card increasement. I have a $9,000 limit wth American Express Blue Preferred. Does anyone here know when American Express would request an income verification requests? I was told here on the forums months back to request 3 times your active credit limit. It would put the new limit at 28,000 if approved. 

I also have a gold card with American Express that I pay off each month spending anywhere from $2,000-$5,000 

I've never missed a payment with any credit card in all my years of having credit cards (10 years) and I have a 700 Experican credit limit at this current time. Thanks for reading and any help would be much apprecaited!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Blue Preferred Help

Your 3x would actually be 27,000 (not 28,000). Income verification depends on a lot of different factors, but I have heard somewhere around 25k is the threshold.

Message 2 of 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: American Express Blue Preferred Help

$34,000 is the general number. But we've seen income verification requests at lower than that.

If you're asked for IV, simply hit your browser's back button and try a lower amount. Repeat until IV is no longer requested. You'll get a bunch of forms in the mail that can be ignored.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to know about American Express

I had a credit limit increasement almost 6 months ago with AMEX. How do you know the exact date in your Amex account. I've looked everywhere and not able to locate the dettails in my account. Anyone know where?  Thank you

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to know about American Express

Just call in and the CSR should be able to tell you the date of your last increase and/or the date you’re next eligible. That info isn’t in your online account.
Message 5 of 6
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: How to know about American Express

Call or chat. They’ll tell you. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.