Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Delta Cards

tag
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

Re: American Express Delta Cards

Most auto inquiries if done on the same day i was told roll into just 1, but i would try and dispute the inquiries that you dont have an open account with.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 694
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 683 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 20
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@Mdowning30 wrote:

Most auto inquiries if done on the same day i was told roll into just 1, but i would try and dispute the inquiries that you dont have an open account with.

You can't dispute legimate INQ's and those are legit. Just because the OP went with someone else and doesn't "have an open account" with them doesn't make them any less legit or removeable 

Message 12 of 20
Suzette2
Frequent Contributor

@CreditBob wrote:

Here is my question. I know that American Express does not like a lot of hard inquiries when you apply. In my case I will be trying to become a new member. In my situation, I have 15 hard inquiries with Experian   that are due to auto loans. Two were for auto refinances & one was to trade in and purchase a new vehicle. Has anyone had any experience with this situation? What are my chances of being approved when the 15 inquiries are auto and not for credit cards?

I got approved with many auto inquiries.  After a month they also gave me another of their cards. 

6/20 :12/22 :
Message 13 of 20
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

A few things

First, Amex isn't inquiry sensitive. I was approved for two cards in the same month with close to 20 on each bureau. As for the income question, we have people here with social security as their only source of income being approved for multiple cards.

Second, binning of loan inquiries only apply to the score loss. The number of inquiries remain what they are. Also, that only applies to inquiries that are coded correctly.  Depending on the lender, you could have 20 inquiries cause 1 score drop, 20 score drops, or most commonly, a mixture of the two when being shotgunned.

Third, inquiries are near impossible to dispute. 

Lastly, discussion of disputing legitimate entries in ones reports is prohibited here. Please stop.

Message 14 of 20
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Mdowning30 wrote:

For scoring purposes, yes. But they all still show up individually. And no, you can NOT dispute a legitimate inquiry just because you were denied credit. That's not how it works, and it's also not allowed to be discussed on here. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 15 of 20
Trini88
Established Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

A few things

First, Amex isn't inquiry sensitive. I was approved for two cards in the same month with close to 20 on each bureau. As for the income question, we have people here with social security as their only source of income being approved for multiple cards.

Second, binning of loan inquiries only apply to the score loss. The number of inquiries remain what they are. Also, that only applies to inquiries that are coded correctly.  Depending on the lender, you could have 20 inquiries cause 1 score drop, 20 score drops, or most commonly, a mixture of the two when being shotgunned.

Third, inquiries are near impossible to dispute. 

Lastly, discussion of disputing legitimate entries in ones reports is prohibited here. Please stop.

For real, I have soooo many inquiries and I'm pre approved for all their cards and they keep sending me mailers and e-mails to get their Platinum and Gold cards 😆

Goal Cards:
Message 16 of 20
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Hi everyone, I wanted to respond in two different answers. First, the one response in regards to the preapproval request on the American Express website is correct, no issues there. Second, the issue that I have is that the other members on this topic are assuming that I will be attempting to dispute the 15 inquiries. Please carefully read the original post. Some of the replies are inaccurate. I am going to let some of those age off after two years. Please don't attack other members because I feel that I have been crucified. 

Message 17 of 20
CreditBob
Established Contributor

I am going to let them age, NO disputes

Message 18 of 20
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CreditBob wrote:

Hi everyone, I wanted to respond in two different answers. First, the one response in regards to the preapproval request on the American Express website is correct, no issues there. Second, the issue that I have is that the other members on this topic are assuming that I will be attempting to dispute the 15 inquiries. Please carefully read the original post. Some of the replies are inaccurate. I am going to let some of those age off after two years. Please don't attack other members because I feel that I have been crucified. 

I don't think anyone was attacking/crucifying you. We were just pointing out to @Mdowning30, not you, that you can't just dispute away inquiries for which you weren't approved. 

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 19 of 20
EAJuggalo
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@CreditBob wrote:

Here is my question. I know that American Express does not like a lot of hard inquiries when you apply. In my case I will be trying to become a new member. In my situation, I have 15 hard inquiries with Experian   that are due to auto loans. Two were for auto refinances & one was to trade in and purchase a new vehicle. Has anyone had any experience with this situation? What are my chances of being approved when the 15 inquiries are auto and not for credit cards?

1. American Express is not particularly sensitive to inquiries.

2. When a person gets a bunch of inquiries within 2 weeks of each other for rate-shopping an auto loan, the whole group is aggregated into a single inquiry.

Bottom line: don't worry about it.

BTW this really belongs under "Credit Card Applications" rather than "Credit Cards" so you might want to ask the moderators to move it.

The whole group gets aggregated for scoring purposes, they are still there.  And it only works if the inquiries are actually coded as auto finance.  My last auto purchase the dealer shotgunned apps to a 8 different places looking for financing.  Only two show up on my report as Auto finance, the others all show up as finance, personal or finance, other than personal.

EX700 TU 704 EQ 694 4/03/22
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Flex- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $1,000 Victoria's Secret- $1,200 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $13,800 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-$5,000 AMEX Delta Blue $1,000 Lowe's $5,000 Navy Platinum $17,000 AMEX BBP $2,000
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.