Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Financial Review

tag
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

American Express Financial Review

All, 

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I just started my own company back in May and I was approved for an Amex Plat yesterday. For income I put $135K on the application, but I can't recall if I put self employed or just "employed". Credit Utilization was @ 9% at time of applying, which is soon to be 2-3% once things report in the next several weeks. It was an Experian HP and my EXP FICO 8 was at 775(-5 pts for the HP). FICO 8 Bankcard scores are 768-806. With all that being said, any advice to stay off Amex's "radar" so I can avoid a FR considering I just recently started my own company? I just don't want to be in anyone's crosshairs right now.  Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: American Express Financial Review

@joeyv1985 wrote:

All, 

Sorry if this has been discussed, but I just started my own company back in May and I was approved for an Amex Plat yesterday. For income I put $135K on the application, but I can't recall if I put self employed or just "employed". Credit Utilization was @ 9% at time of applying, which is soon to be 2-3% once things report in the next several weeks. It was an Experian HP and my EXP FICO 8 was at 775(-5 pts for the HP). FICO 8 Bankcard scores are 768-806. With all that being said, any advice to stay off Amex's "radar" so I can avoid a FR considering I just recently started my own company? I just don't want to be in anyone's crosshairs right now.  Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

This is a personal plat?

Many factors really aren't known, but general good advice would be:

1) Make sure your spend is not excessive for your declared income

2) Keep outstanding balances relatively low, so they don't worry about payment

3) Don't make  purchases that could be questionable

4) Keep scores around the same level, so maintain all your cards "well"

Message 2 of 3
joeyv1985
Frequent Contributor

Re: American Express Financial Review

@longtimelurker wrote:

@joeyv1985 wrote:

All, 

This is a personal plat?

Many factors really aren't known, but general good advice would be:

1) Make sure your spend is not excessive for your declared income

2) Keep outstanding balances relatively low, so they don't worry about payment

3) Don't make  purchases that could be questionable

4) Keep scores around the same level, so maintain all your cards "well"

Hello @longtimelurker,

Yes, this is a personal card from Amex. Balances usually range anywhere from $400-2500 depending on the card. CU rarely goes above 10% across all cards. 2-4% is usually the most common. I spoke to Amex and I told them that my spending will rarely go above $1K per month, and she told me that was fine but I could go a little higher than that without triggering anything. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.