Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3X CLI after 61 days.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex 3X CLI after 61 days.

So what do you guys thing? Should I wait after 6 months or just do it on the 61st?

Pull the trigger at 61+ days if you'd like to prove the CSR wrong and verify what hundreds of people on this forum have reported as fact.

I mentioned this to you in the 3X CLI thread already, but I think you should really consider it just to show how inconsistent CSRs (especially Amex) are.  Simply contact them several more times about the same issue and enjoy the different responses you get.  I wouldn't necessarily ask about the "61 day" thing, just keep it very generic:  "I was wondering after opening an account how soon can I apply for an receive a CLI?"  You'll no doubt get a bunch of different responses... 6 months... 3-4 months... 2-3 months... there's no set amount of time... etc.  All of them can't be right, which by definition means most are wrong.  Since your sample size here (1 CSR) is small, it just so happens your probability of receiving a wrong response was very high, so you rolled snake-eyes on your first try.

Message 11 of 14
Felony_Phil
Established Contributor

I'm sorry... what was the question?
Message 12 of 14
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/td-p/1811071

This post explains the 3X CLI after 61 days.

My spg card is almost 61 days old so I’m getting ready to request the 3X.

I called Amex rep and ask to see if this is true. However the rep said she has no idea about such 61 day business. She said the earliest CLI request day is after 6 months of account opening.

The card in question has a limit of $6k, I’m looking to get it up to $18k, it at least $15k. Just to bring the utilization down.
So what do you guys thing? Should I wait after 6 months or just do it on the 61st?

741 EQ
742 TU
730 EX

Thanks!

My BCE had a 6k SL on day 61 I did a CLI to 18k. Nothing is guaranteed  but it's worth a shot.

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Who you gonna trust, a front line (level one) CSR or hundreds/thousands of real life data points?

This!!!! Lmao

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.