cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Approval- Should I apply for Premier Rewards Gold?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Approval- Should I apply for Premier Rewards Gold?

Based on FICO report:

EQ is 605

TU is 630

EX is 619.

22 REPLIES 22
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Approval- Should I apply for Premier Rewards Gold?

i would go for it. Since you now have a Amex Card and future applications are a SP unless you get approved. So there is no risk of a HP.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im very tempted. I just cannot get a straight answer on whether you should apply within 30 days of opening a new amex account. It doesn't seem like that would matter?

Message 3 of 23
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

If there is a 30 day rule it wouldnt cost you anything to try as they wouldnt pull your report It would be an instant no pull denial

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

No such rule. Only rule is if your app is within 5 days of another it will usually go straight to pending but not always. However, I would wait it out if I were you, your scores are low for PRG with the derogs. Just because you were approved for one Amex product doesn't mean you will be approved for another. Although it's widely noted that Amex charge cards have lower underwriting standards for approvals than Amex revolvers, the Delta gold seems to have the lowest standards due to it being co-branded. I was once denied for PRG with 719 FICO 08 EX, perfect payment history, no derogs just a thin file. But as always YMMV every profile is different. Congrats on your approval and good luck to you. Please let us know if you decide to go for it or garden for a bit and raise your scores.

Message 5 of 23
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

First off Congrats on the approval and joining the family!  

As for adding another Amex line right now?   I wouldn't poke the bear as you have a borderline approval at $1K already on Delta

Plan of action:

Wait for the AU to drop

3X CLI on Amex @ 61 days if possible (may not work if derogatories are on report and keep scores low)

181 day 3X attempt

While working on Amex start scrubbing your reports on the collections and see if you can GW the lates off

This usually doesn't work on the first attempt and may take several attempts unless you can get a PFD (pay for delete) on them

Work on your existing cards from a CLI standpoint instead of apping for something new

Don't abuse the Synchrony card with a bunch of tires nor apply for more of them like Wal-Mart / Sam's / Etc.  Just give CS a call @ 877-379-8173 and ask for $10K and they will counter back with a reasonable amount based on your TU score.

I would go ahead and combine the Cap1 accounts into the QS1 

Other than that if you follow these things in 1 Year you should see some pretty nice results.  Whomever owns the Cap1 AU account.... make sure they keep the UTIL under 10% while you're an AU for maximum points.

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Approval's

check out my post the other day. Good luck if you decide to go for it!

Congrats on your new Amex!

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow, thank you!!!

I will call Sync and see what they say about a CLI.
About those derogs/CO's.... How do I even go about that? As in, theyre 3-4 years old and they are "valid", so what do I say to try and get them off?

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you... your thread definitely gives me hope and is tempting...

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.