Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex CLD

I am PO'ed---Been very faithful with these guys, never a late, never over drawn-----Get email for two cards, Delta Miles and BCE...total CLD--3400!...NOT A HAPPY CAMPER

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex CLD

What were the reasons on the letter you received?

Message 2 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

So sorry OP amex seen fit to bite down on your cards with them.

Don't know what is up with them but they have a plenty of new approvals coming their way (again) recently so it should be interesting to see if others soon find their cards pinched eventually.

Some swear by that lender and crow all over them and then again others find out later on that they have a fine line that when crossed they will swiftly swoop in and claw back or even close accounts.

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check your experian report something spooked them.
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

What were the reasons on the letter you received?

No letter yet, just emails advising me of CLD

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My EX score is down, but been down before like this. Other than that, nothing unusual

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not the end of the world.....I have plenty credit elswhere. Hell, they just approved me for the PRG two weeks ago from a pre-approved offer? 

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My EX score is down, but been down before like this. Other than that, nothing unusual

How many points is "down"?

What is the reason it's down? Utilization, new accounts?

Message 8 of 20
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Sounds to me like they saw your Experian score go down and then realized (to their dismay!) that they had just extended you additional credit by giving you the new PRG.  They decided to take back some (or all) of that additional credit from two of your older Amex cards rather than taking back the PRG.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 9 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sorry Meatman. Unfortunately, when things happen on our reports it definitely can affect our creditors and Amex is certainly a lender who probably sees your report every month considering we get a free fico score each month. So if your Ex drops they will know it and maybe depending on what caused the drop will take certain steps in accordance. Please update us on what kind of drop youve experirnced and perhsps why so we dont get a million and 1 hypotheticsls. This could provide good data points for your fellow Amex brethernSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.