Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLD

tag
Chris679
Established Contributor

Amex CLD

I thought this experience was worth sharing:

I received a letter on Sat. saying that Amex reducted the credit line on my ED card from $20k to $10k due to inactivity over the last 12 months.  The last time I used it was 1/18/19 for $7.16.  The letter said I could call the number on the back of the card if I wanted them to review their decision so I did.  The CSR verified email, phone number, income, etc.  I made sure there would be no credit pull and he got the green light right away to restore the credit line.  I can't really blame them for lowering the limit but I'm glad they were willing to restore it back. I always pull every card out and use it at least once per year but I guess I'll have to be a bit more careful from now on. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex CLD

Thanks for sharing the data point. Glad you were able to get your credit limit restored!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the DP! I'm glad to hear your CL was restored! 👍

Message 3 of 9
blindambition
Senior Contributor

They were doing this early last year. Went through same with limit restored.

Thanks for DP. Good to know that Amex is still continuing these measures.

Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Glad to hear it worked out. I think bigger issue was the huge credit limit not being used. If it were $2000 i dont think they care but $20k for $7 thats a wasted limit in their eyes.

Message 5 of 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Really not surprising as huge unused limits are not something a bank wants to see. At least it worked out and you were able to get it restored.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad it worked out. You may have to make it your daily driver every so often

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I try to put something on all my cards every month. Not that I'd get a CLD if I didn't, but as Joe said, it looks like a waste of CL for a small charge per year.  Who knows what they might change in the future. 

Message 8 of 9
EdMan63
Established Contributor

My guess is you got the card for a SUB with such low usage. Might want to make a little more use of the card from time to time. Glad you were able to get the limit restored. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.