Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI Question

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amex CLI Question

@Madyun1982 wrote:

I've been looking at the Amex Cli topic on here. Trying to see if I could figure this out myself. But I can't. 

So my question is. If I was approved for my amex card 1-27-20 when will I be able to ask for a cli? My sl was 10,600.. I changed my payment date. So it pushed back when my next statement will cut. Which will be 3-2-20. 

I'm just unsure of when I can ask for a cli... Thanks in advance. 

If you ask to early and get denied, you just have to wait the full 61 days, and ask again.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/m-p/18110...

Message 11 of 17
Madyun1982
Regular Contributor

Ok.. So a denial resets the time back to day 1? Even if one was to ask to early? Good to know. 

Message 12 of 17
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Madyun1982 wrote:

So 60 days after my approval.. Or 60 days after I activated the card?

Sorry, it's supposed to be 60 days on a new card approval, but if you haven't asked for a CLI on a previous card, or it's been more than 90 days since your last denial, or 180 days from your last CLI approval, you can ask immediately on the new card. But, like I said earlier, the rep said that's not the case anymore, that you have to wait 60 days for the new card. If this would be your first amex it won't matter to you. Soonest you can apply would be 61 days.

Message 13 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Madyun1982 wrote:

Ok.. So a denial resets the time back to day 1? Even if one was to ask to early? Good to know. 

Not if you ask to early.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, if there's been no drastic change to your report or EX scores since that date you were approved for the card and you've made some decent-heavy use while paying on time, especially multiple payments I would say go for it! 

Message 15 of 17
elixerin
Established Contributor

^ hit that 3x.

also pre-mature CLI's on new accounts do not reset the 60 day clock unless you had another amex prior and requested like another poster mentioned

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

OP, if there's been no drastic change to your report or EX scores since that date you were approved for the card and you've made some decent-heavy use while paying on time, especially multiple payments I would say go for it! 

Hey @angelwingz you have the Amex BCE, I just got approved on March 24 for the same card. I am interested to know your experience on the 3x CLI, any DP?

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.