Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Call in to get decision

tag
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

Amex Delta Call in to get decision

Im trying to call AMEx to get the decision on a app for amex delta but the call just ends after I enter the zip code.

I cant get a hold of a rep at all.

Ive called 1 800 582 6471
1 866 314 0237
1 800 567 1083

and they all do the same. Any ideas? Im sure they need to verify some info before making a decision but Cant get a hold of anyone.. Any ideas?

*22 Years Old* Started my credit at age 19
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $9,200 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $7,600 II American Eagle VISA - $3300 II Best Buy Visa - $3,000 II Chase Slate - $500
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex Delta Call in to get decision

@SteveUrkel wrote:
Im trying to call AMEx to get the decision on a app for amex delta but the call just ends after I enter the zip code.

I cant get a hold of a rep at all.

Ive called 1 800 582 6471
1 866 314 0237
1 800 567 1083

and they all do the same. Any ideas? Im sure they need to verify some info before making a decision but Cant get a hold of anyone.. Any ideas?

When I applied for my PRG I got the same thing... I tried multiple numbers but they all went to the same automated system that repeatedly told me their system was down (or something to that effect) and that a CSR wouldn't have access to my information, either... please try again later.  Smiley Indifferent

Then the next day they called me, and left a message for me to call them back... at the exact same number.  After a couple of tries for good measure I got fed up... I dialed it and this time I didn't enter my into and it went to a CSR, who was able to help me without delay.

Moral of the story:  if you can get past the phone tree you should be fine.  I can't remember the exact steps I took to bypass it, but I do remember specifically that I did NOT enter my ZIP, etc. like it requested.

I know this is annoying, but I think it's probably a good sign (they probably just want to verify you actually applied for the card).

Good luck, and keep us posted!  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.