Did you mean: 

Amex Gold Upgrade Offer

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex Gold Upgrade Offer

@UncleB wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

For targeted upgrades, definitely no worries about not being eligible for the bonus.  Definitely a good move not passing on this "Golden opportunity."  🤭  Congrats on the upgrade; now you can not only go back to getting Amex Cookies every month, but you can also find Amex UberEats Cookies, too!

Oooh... I didn't think about that!  🤔

I had just assumed the Uber benefit would go to waste, but I might have to explore my options a bit more! Thanks for the heads-up! Smiley Happy

$240 a year in free cookies goes a long way toward covering the $250 AF.  

Message 11 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

For targeted upgrades, definitely no worries about not being eligible for the bonus.  Definitely a good move not passing on this "Golden opportunity."  🤭  Congrats on the upgrade; now you can not only go back to getting Amex Cookies every month, but you can also find Amex UberEats Cookies, too!

Oooh... I didn't think about that!  🤔

I had just assumed the Uber benefit would go to waste, but I might have to explore my options a bit more! Thanks for the heads-up! Smiley Happy

$240 a year in free cookies goes a long way toward covering the $250 AF.  

Haha, you're not kidding... I may even need to reconsider the timing on getting that Schwab! Smiley Surprised

Looks like I'm going to be getting myself a new Uber account in the coming days... something I admit I didn't see coming. Smiley Very Happy

Amex Cookies one week, Amex Chicken (???) the next! 🍪🍗

Message 12 of 25
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Wow, I was only 3 years old when you was a member of Amex. I wasn't part of Amex until Jan 2016, crazy its been 5 years lol. I'm 28 now, I don't even want to know how old is UncleB lol...

Message 13 of 25
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@TheBoondocks wrote:

Wow, I was only 3 years old when you was a member of Amex. I wasn't part of Amex until Jan 2016, crazy its been 5 years lol. I'm 28 now, I don't even want to know how old is UncleB lol...

It sure be different when we was born. My village didnt even have powered lights till yous was part of amex 

It be like that sometimes  

Message 14 of 25
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Remedios wrote:

@TheBoondocks wrote:

It sure be different when we was born. My village didnt even have powered lights till yous was part of amex 

It be like that sometimes  

I see what you did there.jpg

Message 15 of 25
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@UncleB Congrats on your AmEx Gold upgrade offer . . . I'm new to the AmEx family and certainly look forward to those type of offers; hopefully within a year or so . . . Enjoy!!!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 16 of 25
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:

@TheBoondocks,

@UncleBis not "old" .. He is more of a "classic"Smiley Wink

If you wanna talk "old" then we would have to refer you to @Anonymous Smiley Surprised

I may be getting up there, as I had my first Amex Gold before you were bornSmiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@TheBoondocks wrote:

@TheBoondocks,

@UncleBis not "old" .. He is more of a "classic"Smiley Wink

If you wanna talk "old" then we would have to refer you to @Anonymous Smiley Surprised

I may be getting up there, as I had my first Amex Gold before you were bornSmiley Very Happy

Obtained my first Gold American Express Card dating to 1972. We were furnished a Bank Line of Credit assigned to it so if you wanted to rotate some of the balance you signed and IBM Card that came with the bill and mailed it back with your check for the remaining balance. The bank your card had the line of credit assigned to expected time payments accordng to their policies. "Don't Leave Home With Out It" was more than a marketing slogan. Worked for Ford Motor Company in management earned spin off benefits tied to the card and Ford. Yes, it was prestigious card at the time! Not to side trip but, we also had the Diners Club charge card and the Carte Blance charge card. Good times for sure! Hows that @M_Smart007 and @UncleB  (would be but a young whippersnapper at the time).

Message 18 of 25
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

Beatcha on the Gold.  Got my first one in '69 while in Grad school.  Couple of years ago got a bigger box from Amex.  Inside was a Tiffany's box with 2 crystal champagne flutes and a nice letter from the CEO about being with Amex for 50 years.  I haven't but regifted the glasses to an employee who was suitably impressed (probably by the Tiffany's box).  Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 25
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Nice offer @UncleB Smiley Tongue  I received a similar offer on my ZYNC card, but I passed b/c I already have Gold and can't bring myself to closing the unicorn, even if it's $25 AF.

So, I'll word this carefully so it doesn't end up in SG Smiley Tongue...are you selecting the RG version?

@FinStar Don't you dare ever take an offer on that Zync cc, LOL...Even if they offer you 200K points for zero spend, lolol! Smiley Wink

@UncleB , nice offer, and the Rose color is SOOOO pretty!! Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.