cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Morgan Stanley Platinum — grandfathered?

tag
1LostArk
Regular Contributor

Amex Morgan Stanley Platinum — grandfathered?

I have an access investing account with Morgan Stanley, and so I could open a co-branded Platinum card. Soon access investing will be migrated to e-trade, at which point I will have no eligible accounts for the co-branded Platinum. I'm wondering what the odds are my co-branded card would be grandfathered after the migration to e-trade, or whether it would be closed and points clawed back?

Business Cards:
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Morgan Stanley Platinum — grandfathered?

I don't think you'd lose your points and/or card. At least not just like that out of nowhere. I'm sure there'd be some sort of process/notification about how they're handling it.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 3
northway
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Morgan Stanley Platinum — grandfathered?

Nothing would be clawed back whatsoever, but Amex's terms do state that if you cease to hold a qualifying MS account, that your card account will be closed.

They may grandfather you in, but it's hard to tell right now. The MS BCP card allows for both MS and E*Trade accounts to apply even though the card is only MS branded, so they made just open the product to both as well.

Personal Cards:
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.