Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Reporting

tag
SSR
Valued Member

Amex Reporting

Anyone know how long Amex usually takes to report new account to credit bureau? I figured it be after first statement but haven't received an alert yet. Thx

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex Reporting

Look online and see if a statement cut yet. Thats when i found out when it hit my reports.

Message 2 of 10
SSR
Valued Member

Yep, I was notified from Amex that statement was cut. Maybe it take a few days for the Bureaus to show in credit file and send alerts? I just want it to show because the $5000 credit line will help reduce my overall credit usage.

Message 3 of 10
GatoradeZeroGuy
Valued Contributor

@SSR wrote:

Anyone know how long Amex usually takes to report new account to credit bureau? I figured it be after first statement but haven't received an alert yet. Thx

two statements, typically

it was two statements for me on both cards

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

1/6, 5/12, 12/24

Message 4 of 10
SSR
Valued Member

Thank you. That Sucks though! lol

Message 5 of 10
Rdbeetle
Established Contributor

For me, it was after the second statement posted.

SchoolsFirst FCU MC $25k
USBank Cash+ $15k
AMEX BCP $10k
FICO 8 Scores: EX 807 I TU 809 I EQ 810
Message 6 of 10
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

After the second statement.

FICO 8 (1/21/24) EX 805 EQ 720 TU 844
FICO 9 (2/17/24) EX 821 EQ 778 TU 850
CH 13 DC 1/5/21 -- I practice AZEO - NEVER above 1% utilization across all cards.

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Gold | American Express Blue Cash Everyday 6K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 5K I American Express Marriott Bonvoy Bevy 5K I American Express Gold Delta Skymiles 6K I American Express Hilton Honors Surpass 1K | Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 15K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 4K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One Walmart MC 2K | NFCU Amex 15K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 15K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 1.5K I Bread Financial American Express 8K l AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 6K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard $6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I Affinity Pure Rewards Visa 5K
Message 7 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

It can vary.

Used to the "rule" was Amex took a couple of statements to report, which was great since it let you get things nice and tidy before reporting started (assuming one was using the card heavily to earn a bonus). This is still the case for some.

That said, a few months ago my new BCE started reporting after just a few weeks (before first statement), and some others have reported the same thing.  It seems these days it's a bit YMMV.

More info:  https://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-express-now-reporting-new-cards-sooner/ 

Message 8 of 10
NAVYCHOP
Contributor

Just as an aside that some might find helpful:  AMEX points out in their fine print that only payments made up to 8pm Mountain time credit the same day.  This month I wanted to zero out the Platinum card after I had already paid the amount owed for the month.  I made a $4k payment at about 7:30pm pacific time on my statement closing date, the account showed zero after payment but AMEX still reported a $4k balance on my account for the month of June because I paid half an hour after their closing time.  I will have to wait until they report in July to zero out the account on the credit report.  Chase is the only company I am aware that reports zero balances mid-month when accounts are paid off.

Message 9 of 10
Zoostation1
Established Contributor

For me it just after the second statement cut.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
Feb 2024 FICO 8:
Feb 2024 FICO 9:
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.